TSN 4K default for recording ++

Boight
Grasshopper

Hello friends,

A couple things.

1) why does my ignite system always wants to record my selected CFL (favourited) teams in 4K when available?  My TV is 1080p and I've turned off the config menu option to record in best resolution. No effect.

1a) how do I record all CFL games without having to pick my fav teams? I realize TSN screws this up by not having a dedicated CFL channel and it's a mystery each week which channel will have the game without being cutoff at the front or back. Pain in butt by TSN for CANADA's football.

2) I just converted from my trusty old gateway system as EOL is coming and I got a good deal.

I see on the back of the pods a cat cable connection. Can I use these instead of wifi, and if so, do I need to do any fiddling to enable cat and disable wifi? Is there any benefit to doing this with the 1 gig plan?

TA!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

.... 0. Have you migrated from "Shaw TV" to "Rogers Ignit...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Boight ....

0. Have you migrated from "Shaw TV" to "Rogers Ignite TV", to get 4K streams?

1. Are you selecting "record on all channels", which may include the 4K channels?

1A. You can configure the recording to "start NN minutes early" and/or "end NN minutes late".

2. Other threads in this discussion forum comment about such as configuration.

2.1 You don't need to disable WiFi, if there is an Ethernet connection.

2.2 The primary advantage is replacing a possibly-weak WiFi connection by a solid Ethernet connection.

2.3 If you pay for "1 Gig", that is the speed from Shaw into your cable-modem. The LAN ports on the cable-modem can send at "1 Gig" speed. If your cable-modem has a "2.5 Gig" LAN port, and you have one computer with a "faster-than-1G" network adapter, then you should see "bursts" entering the computer at the "2.5 Gig" speed, but with gaps between the incoming packets.

0 Kudos

Thanks mdk, 0. Yes. 1. No. I don't see "record on all cha...

Boight
Grasshopper

Thanks mdk,

0. Yes.

1. No. I don't see "record on all channels" like the Gateway used to have.

1a. Doesn't help if for eg. they have Tennis/soccer running overtime and CFL loses the first quarter as a result.

So there is no way to record every CFL game starting on time and ending 60min late automatically. They have to be done individually, near as I can figure.

I just checked my recordings for the Alouettes at Tiger-Cats this afternoon. It automatically wanted to record the 4K but I had to cancel that and record on TSN3.

2.  I must have used wrong search terms.  Thanks. Good to know.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help