Jump to solution

I pair the Shaw remote with the Samsung TV, which then co...

Mnhttnclamchwdr
Grasshopper

I pair the Shaw remote with the Samsung TV, which then controls the TV controls and TV volume. The Shaw app onscreen then asks if I want to pair with my audio, I select yes, and it pairs with my Bose soundbar. At this point, the soundbar is now controlled by the Shaw remote and the TV volume and other controls are no longer controlled by the Shaw remote, it's only the soundbar. So, I can't control both the TV and the soundbar from the Shaw remote, it's either one or the other, requiring me to have to 2 remotes. The volume I have to control constantly, commercials are always ultra loud and if I switch from Netflix to TV the sound also changes quite dramatically. From how the Shaw setup is presented it seems that I should be able to control both simultaneously but I can't. If I can't do it or doesn't work that way, then that's fine, but how it comes across it seems like it should work but isn't. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Same issue with me. Samsung TV with a Sonos Beam Gen 2 So...

c_stephen
Grasshopper

Same issue with me.

Samsung TV with a Sonos Beam Gen 2 Sound Bar.

The power buttons stop working if you set up a sound bar. From the notes in this thread, it doesn't seem to matter what sound bar you have.

After I set up the remote to control both my TV and Sound Bar, pressing the TV/Power button generates error XRE-09015 "Would you like to use your remote to control your TV?" and give me the option to Set Up Now, Skip, or Don't Ask Again.

This needs to be fixed as it's affecting multiple people.

It would be interesting to see if anyone has a sound bar set up successfully and still be able to turn on/off their TV with the Shaw Remote.

Jump to solution

I agree 💯.  Shaw doesn’t want to spend any time looking...

Superkub49ers
Grasshopper

I agree 💯.  Shaw doesn’t want to spend any time looking or fixing the issues.  I have another issue with Shaw guide.  My time is on pacific but I’m on mountain time zone and they can’t fix that either.  F’n pisses me off as they can’t fix the issue while I know other people that have the right time.  Shaw is getting on my nerves maybe it’s time to switch networks 🤔 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Before these new boxes came out, you could control the po...

Superkub49ers
Grasshopper

@mdk Before these new boxes came out, you could control the power of tv and volume and power for the Bose soundbar.  Now, you can only control the TV or the Soundbar.  The point is to only use ONE remote and not two, otherwise what's the point.  Of course, I have a remote for my soundbar but, I should not have to use it if the Shaw remote worked as it used to!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have a Sonos Beam working with a Samsung TV. I have it...

rstra
Grand Master

@c_stephen I have a Sonos Beam working with a Samsung TV. I have it connected to the HDMI-ARC on the TV. 

Jump to solution

Great! But can you turn your TV on and off with the Shaw...

c_stephen
Grasshopper

Great! But can you turn your TV on and off with the Shaw remote and control the volume on your Sonos Break at the same time?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

The Shaw remote controls it all.

rstra
Grand Master

@c_stephen The Shaw remote controls it all.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Had the same issue with Shaw BlueCurve and Bose Solo II....

BeamingLK
Grasshopper

Had the same issue with Shaw BlueCurve and Bose Solo II. Resolved it by changing remotes from the Shaw XR11 to the newer Shaw XR15. 

Jump to solution

That’s good to know. Will Shaw give us the new remote?

Superkub49ers
Grasshopper

@BeamingLK  That’s good to know.  Will Shaw give us the new remote?

Jump to solution

Had the same problem and your right - Shaw tech support h...

bmason
Grasshopper

Had the same problem and your right - Shaw tech support had no idea what was happening.  After lots of searching i came up with this, so give it a try.

SHAW REMOTE SETUP

1.  Clear the memory on the remote.  Press setup until it goes green.  Enter 981 (sometimes 986).  Test the remote to make sure it does not control anything.

2.  Press setup until it goes green.  Enter code 991 (for TV).  Press the CHANNEL UP until the TV turns off.  Then, press SETUP again to lock in the code.  Green light should blink twice.  Turn the TV back on.

3.  Press setup until it goes green.  Enter code 992 (for audio amp/receiver).  Press the CHANNEL UP until the AMP/RECEIVER turns off.  Then, press SETUP again to lock in the code.  Green light should blink twice.  Turn the Amp/receiver back on.

4.  With both the TV and Sound System on, press the “All Power” button.  Both systems should now turn off.

TALK TO US
We're here to help