I have two remote boxes connected to my shiny new BlueCur...

Keldude
Grasshopper

I have two remote boxes connected to my shiny new BlueCurve box. The one upstairs works flawlessly while the one downstairs blacks out for minutes at a time every so often every day. What a pain in the backside. I am planning on taking the apparently "faulty" one down to Shaw today and exchange it for another. See if that works and if they would even consider such an exchange. They'd perhaps rather send in a TV repair person but I don't want to wait for that. Going there as soon as they open this morning.

0 Kudos

-- I have two remote boxes Can you physically swap the lo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Keldude -- I have two remote boxes

Can you physically swap the locations of your two boxes, to see if the "blackout" stays with one box, or if the "blackout" stays in the room?

I hope that the Shaw store-front will have a replacement box in their back-room, to make the exchange. 

0 Kudos

Yea i have the same problem. I have three Blue curve boxe...

Daave47
Grasshopper

Yea i have the same problem. I have three Blue curve boxes, office, living room and bedroom. The one in the living room is a new one a LG 4G OLED. I keeps freezing and then blacking out. The Shaw remote stops working. I go to the :LG remote i and  can watch Netflix and Amazon prime YouTube and the space station but i cannot watch a hockey game on TV. Its all the Shaw TV system go figure. I have talked to a number of people on the help line and all they say is to reboot the s\system by unplugging in for three minutes and then plugging it back in. Yea that works to a while then it happens again and again and again. I have had two Shaw people into the house and no fix to the problem. I have had Best Buy in once and they are coming tomorrow, That is costing me.,For $200 a month or $2,400 plus per year i do not need this,.Im a busy person. I missed the world series final, and an important Kansas City NFL game. If it is not fixed soon the equipment is getting dumped at the closest Shaw office steps and the Bank Auto Debit cancelled. Its their equipment and service, if you call it that..Im hearing this Blue Curve equipemnt has a lot of problems and is in a sense junk.    .

0 Kudos

--  I have three Blue curve boxes This allows the possibi...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Daave47 --  I have three Blue curve boxes

This allows the possibility of you swapping the location of two of the boxes, to see if the problem "follows" to the new location of the "bad" box, or the problem stays in the same location. Of course, you will have to reprogram the two remote-controls, unless the 2 TVs in the 2 rooms are identical manufacturers and model-numbers.  Maybe, all you need is to replace the "bad" box.

Or, since the 3 boxes are communicating via WiFi, is there a problem with "signal-strength" in that one room, causing an intermittent drop-out of the WiFi connection?

It is strange that the Shaw remote-control stops "talking" to the Shaw box. That suggests a "flaky" box.

0 Kudos

I have brand new tv and new everything but Shaw will go t...

Terry36
Grasshopper

I have brand new tv and new everything but Shaw will go to black especially when I’m watching hockey playoffs !

it only happens with Shaw tv I have lots of other sources and no problems ever but you folks have to get on the ball and fix this asap!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

-- you folks have to get on the ball and fix this asap!!!...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Terry36 -- you folks have to get on the ball and fix this asap!!!!!!!

Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteer contributors try to help. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

I recommend that you contact Shaw ( www.shaw.ca/chat or 1-888-472-2222 ) to get free trouble-shooting.

A Shaw Agent can remotely logon to your TV box, to view the performance statistics that the Shaw device keeps. An "out-of-specifications" device can cause problems, as can poor "signal-strength".

0 Kudos

I have this problem too on all 4 of our new Bluecurve cab...

Lorne14
Grasshopper

I have this problem too on all 4 of our new Bluecurve cable boxes I was FORCED to “upgrade” too!! Screens go blank with no audio for several minutes, up to 10 minutes sometimes, usually in the last quarter hour of a program, missing the whole **bleep** conclusion of the show or news. It's a very angry situation on a regular basis. 

0 Kudos

-- Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Lorne14 -- Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteer contributors try to help. It is not a path to Shaw Support.

I recommend that you contact Shaw ( www.shaw.ca/chat or 1-888-472-2222 ) to get free trouble-shooting.

A Shaw Agent can remotely logon to your BlueCurve box, to view the performance statistics that the Shaw device keeps.

An "out-of-specifications" device can cause problems, as can poor "signal-strength".

0 Kudos

some times it comes up with wifi error but I check the tv...

carmen18
Grasshopper

some times it comes up with wifi error but I check the tv and it says it has wifi connection

0 Kudos

I've had this problem for a long time and thought it was...

JoyCM
Grasshopper

I've had this problem for a long time and thought it was my TV. I bought a brand new TV and am having the same problems. The screen goes black (no sound either) often when I am watching saved shows. I do get an alert asking me if I want to delete the show. My TV is lest than a month old and my Shaw Boxes are the newest available.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with data/usage issues because it does tend to happen at peak hours.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help