Tv boxes and pvr recordings

kaycee01p
Grasshopper

I'm told that if I update to the new Ignite pvr tv boxes that I'll lose all of my recordings.
I have several children's shows saved for my Grandbabes and some were from when I was paying a ridiculous $25/Mth for Crave which I no longer have so I can't get those shows back to record them again, so I'm wondering this... IF I keep 1 older blue curve box connected to the Grandbabes tv with the recordings on it and install just 1 New Ignite box in another room, will I still lose all of my Grandbabes recordings?

As it is anyways, due to renovations, I can't get at both boxes, but I will happily struggle to connect 1 new Ignite box, with the hopes that the other blue curve box that I can't get at will still Save my Grandbabes recordings!?!

Has anyone tried this or running into this situation about losing all of your recordings once you're about to switch over from the older blue curve system to the newer Ignite system?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

You can’t keep the legacy boxes active on your account, o...

rstra
Grand Master

@kaycee01p You can’t keep the legacy boxes active on your account, only the new wireless Ignite boxes will be working. There is a chance that the recordings were recorded to the cloud, if that is the case, then they will be available on the the new Ignite boxes.

0 Kudos

-- if you really want to keep those recordings, you can c...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kaycee01p -- if you really want to keep those recordings, you can choose to open another account, while keeping your current account.  You can "downsize" your current account (transfer your Home Phone service (if any) to the new account, downsize from Total TV to the $25/month "skinny TV" channels, and downsize your Internet down to a very-low monthly cost ("Internet 10"). Your TV box needs an active connection to Shaw/Rogers to allow you to view your recorded programs; that's why you need to keep it "online".

The principle here is that the coaxial-cable coming into your home can carry both the "classic" and the "Ignite" services. As @rstra stated, your current BlueCurve TV box can either be the "first-generation" box (with recordings stored on a disk-drive inside the box) or it can have recorded to the "cloud". But, if you open a new account, those "cloud" recordings will be associated with your current account, not the brand-new account.

0 Kudos

Or spend $22 for Crave, re-record the shows and cancel Cr...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk Or spend $22 for Crave, re-record the shows and cancel Crave.

0 Kudos