I don't listen on the radio, someone else may have said t...

KoPete13
Grasshopper

I don't listen on the radio, someone else may have said that but not me. For me, I have a buddy in BC and in ON that both have Shaw, same channel, same game and talking to them on the phone both of their games are 15-20 seconds ahead all the time. I also do live betting and the game time on the site is usually 20-30 seconds ahead, makes it near impossible to bet live when the outcome you're betting on has already happened. Also, time on my phone is about 30 seconds faster than the guide, made new year ball drop weird because it was already midnight but on my TV it was still on a 30 second countdown.

0 Kudos

Still no fix to this issue

omar222
Grasshopper

I'm guessing by reading all these posts that there is no fix to this delay issue.

I've verified it at about 25 seconds. Maybe 30.  All my friends chat during games and I always see that our team scored before they score on my TV.  I'm either going to have to stop chatting during games or get rid of SHAW BlueSky TV.  

If there is a solution please post here.

Thanks

Brad

0 Kudos

-- do you have the ARRIS Gateway PVR or the BlueCurve PVR...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@omar222 -- do you have the ARRIS Gateway PVR or the BlueCurve PVR?

If your TV channel subscription includes SportsNet, you should be able to "stream-live" from their web-site to your computer. 

What is the difference in "lag" between your computer-screen and your TV-screen?

0 Kudos

Pretty new BlueCurve TV.  There is no physical PVR it is...

omar222
Grasshopper

Pretty new BlueCurve TV.  There is no physical PVR it is in the cloud.  Wifi TV.  No Coax to the boxes. 

Just spent 2 hours with Shaw online and they couldn't fix it.  It is almost exactly 30 seconds behind.  Verified by watching Shaw Weather channel clock vs. atomic clock and cell phone.  

The tell tale is always watching hockey when friends text me about a great goal and I see it 20 seconds later.  My friends are also on Shaw but not on BlueCurve TV they are on the older coax boxes Gateway PVR.

There is no fix, other than switching to a legacy box, it...

rstra
Grand Master

There is no fix, other than switching to a legacy box, it is latency and is common with all IPTV providers.

0 Kudos

Yesterday evening, the SportsNet web-site for their AM 65...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Yesterday evening, the SportsNet web-site for their AM 650 was doing an audio-only feed of the Canucks win over Edmonton. It lagged about 25 seconds behind the SportsNet HD TV broadcast (on my Gateway PVR). I did not try using my over-the-air AM radio. Maybe, next time.

0 Kudos

Reading this thread with interest. Shaw switched me to th...

kmets
Grasshopper

Reading this thread with interest. Shaw switched me to the XI6 and I too have a delay. Shaw told me the delay is with the originating station. Had anyone tried connecting with a Cat6 cable?

0 Kudos

The latency is everything from the broadcaster to the cab...

rstra
Grand Master

@kmets The latency is everything from the broadcaster to the cable provider (usually satellite) and from the cable provider to you. A cat6 cable from the xi6 to the BlueCurve will not make any difference.

Why is it lagging so much?  My TV is almost 30-40 seconds...

oilers9729
Grasshopper

Why is it lagging so much?  My TV is almost 30-40 seconds behind my friends TV.

-- are you and your friend using the same TV adapter (Arr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@oilers9729 -- are you and your friend using the same TV adapter (Arris? BlueCurve?) 

Are you and your friend both using Shaw TV, or is one of you using Telus TV?

Are both of you viewing the HD feed, or is one of you getting the SD (standard definition) feed that is "stretched" to fit your TV's screen?

Do you & your friend live in the same city?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help