TV picture

johncm
Grasshopper

When I turn on my TV I get a screen that says, "Welcome - connecting you to your entertainment experience... " then nothing..... I can bring up the TV Guide, I can review my saved listings on my PVR, I can hear sound from the channel that it is on, but I cannot get a live TV screen to come up at all.   Just keeps showing the above message.  Left it off for 15 minutes, came back and same thing.  I was watching TV last night, turned it off as per usual, then turned on this morning.... no physical changes at all!  What's up??

Labels (1)
6 Replies

That screen is normal when the box is first booting up, s...

shaw-valerie

@johncm That screen is normal when the box is first booting up, say after an update or having the power disconnected. If you get stuck on that screen for more than 5-10min, reboot the box by unplugging the power for 15-30 seconds, then plugging it back in. 

0 Kudos

I have that screen come up, but it just keeps restarting...

lancewrd
Grasshopper

I have that screen come up, but it just keeps restarting to the “Welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue.” screen and then back to the “Welcome. Connecting you to your entertainment experience.” screen. It did this for days while we were away from home, and I have unplugged the box, multiple times for 10 seconds, up to 15 minutes. I have cycled the gateway modem several times, as well as unplugging it several times.

Other wifi devices and hard-wired devices have internet. Not sure what’s wrong with the TV box...

0 Kudos

-- Other wifi devices and hard-wired devices have interne...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@lancewrd -- Other wifi devices and hard-wired devices have internet. Not sure what’s wrong with the TV box.

Is a Shaw Agent able to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, to check its status, and the status of connected devices (your TV)?

Did the Agent offer to ship you a replacement BlueCurve?  Or, to schedule a technician to come to your location?

0 Kudos

I found the thread and replied with my issue; you are the...

lancewrd
Grasshopper
I found the thread and replied with my issue; you are the first to reply, so, no, none of that has happened.

Any idea what might be wrong? 
0 Kudos

-- none of that has happened I recommend that you contact...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@lancewrd -- none of that has happened

I recommend that you contact Shaw, and try to make those items "happen".

0 Kudos

Yes , did that now getting no video signal

AdyB
Grasshopper

Yes , did that now getting no video signal

0 Kudos