TV Player Xid HDCP Version

cbcwpg
Grasshopper

Currently have the old Gateway and Portals, which work fine. The Portals support both HDMI and Component which I need as one of my TVs only has Component inputs.

Given the inevitable move to newer hardware as things age out, I noticed that the Xid only has HDMI output at 1080p, no Component out support.  So I was looking at an HDMI to Component convertor , but it would be helpful to know what version of HDCP this device supports.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

The problem with that is there will be no audio, the xid...

rstra
Grand Master

@cbcwpg 

The problem with that is there will be no audio, the xid and wireless players don’t have separate audio out options. You could connect the XG1 using optical audio and place it with that TV, that is, if Shaw will still offer that box in favour of all wireless players.

Edit: I just looked at one of those converters and noticed that it converts the audio as well  

0 Kudos

The HDMI to Component convertor I was looking at does bot...

cbcwpg
Grasshopper

The HDMI to Component convertor I was looking at does both video and audio ,and it will only support up 1080p 60Hz ( which should be fine ) , but it only supports up to HDCP 1.3... hence the question as to what the XiD box puts out.  If 1080p is at the HDCP Version 1.3, then no problem.

0 Kudos

I remember seeing that it was 1.4, I did a quick look on...

rstra
Grand Master

@cbcwpg 

I remember seeing that it was 1.4, I did a quick look on the Xfinity site and couldn’t confirm that, all I see is 2.2 is required for 4K, but that doesn’t matter for your setup. I guess the best thing to do is get a convverter with a good return policy. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help