Jump to solution

Yes the batteries are alkaline , good to 2030 and only la...

T20
Grasshopper

Yes the batteries are alkaline , good to 2030 and only last 18 days. The TV is only on for 4-6 hours per day. 

Jump to solution

My batteries seem to last a week … they are energizer AA...

Coton1966
Grasshopper

My batteries seem to last a week … they are energizer AA and I put a set in about 5 days ago and checked the battery level in settings, it said 84%, now it says 17% … nothing sits on top of the remote but it still drains very quickly … this is the 4th time I have replaced 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I ignore the battery meter and replace the batteries when...

rstra
Grand Master

@Coton1966 

I ignore the battery meter and replace the batteries when they stop working, that way I get an extra month out of them. You could use the web based remote if the problem continues. 

https://webremote.shaw.ca/

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Did that and it was like pulling teeth. Finally they agre...

Rosmarie
Grasshopper

Did that and it was like pulling teeth. Finally they agreed to ship a new remote. Made me feel like an idiot. It's better now but not by much and I suspect it's because I stopped using voice control. As much as I like my Shaw service, getting a new remote was anything but pleasant. That was never an issue with Rogers in Onrario which I used for 40 some years prior to moving out west.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- That was never an issue with Rogers in On-rario which...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Rosmarie -- That was never an issue with Rogers in On-rario which I used for 40 some years

Did the Rogers remote-control have "voice-input"? If so, was it enabled/active?

Maybe, purchase a package -- 4 rechargeable batteries and a charger. Use 2 batteries while recharging the other 2 batteries. It could be a cost-effective bypass. 

Jump to solution

The BlueCurve remotes use RF signals to control the boxes...

rstra
Grand Master

@Rosmarie  The BlueCurve remotes use RF signals to control the boxes and provide voice control. If your BlueCurve equipment is line of sight and you don’t use voice control, you could switch the remote to IR only, which would use less power and conserve the batteries. I can’t remember the codes, I will post here when I find them, if interested. 

0 Kudos
Beeshu1
Grasshopper

Me too 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help