Jump to solution

Tv shuts itself off when paired with Bluecurve

silverwingraven
Grasshopper

I'm having some issues with my nrw blue curve and how it works in conjunction with my television. After my television is in an off position for a few minutes or longer, every time I turn it on and change the input the television turns itself off. When I try to turn it back on, it turns itself off a second time. After the third attempt it stays on. This happens whether I'm using the actual television remote or the Shaw remote to control the television. I have the latest model of remote control and blue curve set. I initially thought this was a problem with the television itself so I unpaired the remote as a test.. However the issue disappeared when I did this. I then tried to re-pair the shaw remote again and the issue came back. The television I have is a TCL. CEC is turned off. I guess I could live with the shaw remote not controlling my tv's volume and power.  but can anyone suggest a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

You could try turning off CEC on the BC box, settings/dev...

rstra
Grand Master

@silverwingraven  You could try turning off CEC on the BC box, settings/device settings/power preferences.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

You could try turning off CEC on the BC box, settings/dev...

rstra
Grand Master

@silverwingraven  You could try turning off CEC on the BC box, settings/device settings/power preferences.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Will give it a shot.  It's now turned off in Bluecurve....

silverwingraven
Grasshopper

Will give it a shot.  It's now turned off in Bluecurve.  I have also did a restart on the TCL tv. Will let you if this solves the issue

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help