unhappy over ignite cloud pvr

Sixty456
Grasshopper

This is mostly a statement not a question but if people have anything to contribute I will appreciate it. I switched my shaw gateway system over to ignite on the 30th due to my valueplan running out. I am not happy with their cloud pvr system. My household watches most everything from the pvr and ignites shortcomings became visible within a couple days. , my cloud pvr was 25% full in 3 days and the new season hasn't even began. Yes I did have an external hard drive hooked up to the old gateway and I loved it. I just called rogers and cancelled my valueplan today as I don't want a potential $720 bill hanging over my head and I am exploring my options. Telus is worse, they have unlimited storage but only for 45 days. I have recorded seasons of shows and watched them during summer hiatus or xmas break so 45 days is not going to cover it. Looking at shaw direct as they still use the standalone pvr's. and keeping my internet at Rogers we'll see how it goes. I would've purchased more space but they don't even give you an option for that

Labels (1)
14 Replies

We just changed from Shaw Direct to save money. Their PVR...

Pat1957
Grasshopper

We just changed from Shaw Direct to save money. Their PVR WAS AWESOME!!  Before you jump tho they are also upgrading their equipment  they told me. I wonder if their equipment will be ignite as well.

I wish I had called them first because their new deals are great…. But if their new PVR is the ignite one…. It would’ve been a little more expensive with Shawdirect.  

0 Kudos

--  the new season hasn't even began.  Given the ongoing...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sixty456 --  the new season hasn't even began. 

Given the ongoing TV writers strike, they won't be many new programs, until quite a while after the strike is settled. Scripts will need to be written, production-crews will be recalled, actors will need to report, and episodes will need to be filmed, before you see anything.

Already-filmed shows (Survivor, Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares) will be "new".

0 Kudos

Reality and un-scripted TV are not affected by the strikes.

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk  Reality and un-scripted TV are not affected by the strikes.

0 Kudos

Shaw Direct won’t be switching to Ignite TV, that equipme...

rstra
Grand Master

@Pat1957  Shaw Direct won’t be switching to Ignite TV, that equipment relies heavily on two way communications.

-- yes, Survivor and Kitchen Nightmares are both "reality...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- yes, Survivor and Kitchen Nightmares are both "reality" and "unscripted".

0 Kudos

-- current Shaw set-top TV boxes rely on two-way communic...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Pat1957 -- current Shaw set-top TV boxes rely on two-way communications (the Program Guide, Shaw On Demand, Shaw PPV, Cloud PVR). 

0 Kudos

Exactly, and the fact that they are “already filmed” is i...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk  Exactly, and the fact that they are “already filmed” is irrelevant.

0 Kudos

unhappy over ignite cloud

nelis101
Grasshopper

Wish we could go back to Shaw TV. This rogers ignite is horrible. Will be looking at other options. 

I was forced to "upgrade" to Ignite TV as well, and I HAT...

Dudette
Grasshopper

I was forced to "upgrade" to Ignite TV as well, and I HATE it -- Improvement?  NO  ---  it's not - it sucks.  I would PAY MORE to have my old Arris Gateway PVR back.

TALK TO US
We're here to help