Universal Remote to Replace Bluecurve

Chad191
Grasshopper

Does anyone know of a universal remote that works to replace the Bluecurve remote?

Shaw just switched us over to Bluecurve and I'm very disappointed in it.  One of my family members is unable to speak, making the voice commands impossible.  I spent the past week attempting to use Bluecurve without the voice commands and it is absolutely miserable.

I've already contacted Shaw to see if they had a universal remote solution, or if they could just reactivate our cable boxes.  No help there.

I'm fairly sure I'll have to drop the TV package, but thought I'd ask to see if anyone has a solution.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hi Chad, I'm glad I caught your post.  Shaw switched me o...

merrymermaid
Grasshopper

Hi Chad, I'm glad I caught your post.  Shaw switched me over to the Bluecurve remote too a couple months ago.  I'm hearing impaired, thus not able to use the voice search feature.  So I've been merely using the number keys on the Bluecurve remote whenever I want to change channels.  A week ago when I was switching to the NBC channel, a notice appeared suggesting I use the voice search saying "NBC".  I didn't bother in case the voice search said something I wouldn't be able to hear so just clicked OK to get into NBC.  Shortly thereafter my picture quality became very poor (wavy & freezing by times).  This went on for nearly a week but last night the picture quality was good again and has been good all day today.  

Like you, Chad, I find this discouraging, especially having had problems with the ARRIS TV box I had prior to this Bluecurve.  If problems persist, I too may drop my TV package.  I'll keep an eye on this discussion, good luck, Chad.  

0 Kudos

Harmony remotes will work, if you can still find one, but...

rstra
Grand Master

@Chad191  Harmony remotes will work, if you can still find one, but it will essentially do the same thing that the BC remote does. Press guide for the guide, or the Shaw button to bring up recordings. What, specifically is the problem? 

0 Kudos

There's no problem anymore. I just spoke with Shaw again...

Chad191
Grasshopper

There's no problem anymore.

I just spoke with Shaw again to cancel my TV package, and the person I had with support was much more helpful. 

Long story short, my PVR boxes are active and I'm sending back the Bluecurve boxes.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help