I get where you are coming from. There seems to be an inf...

rickatk
Master

@g-idk wrote:

Hi @tred14 , which poster do you mean to call a "chode".  That's a pretty obscure word, which dictionary did you get that out of.   

@g-idk  I get where you are coming from. There seems to be an influx in nasty posters who like to insult. This is a shame when we are a community, not of experts, but consumers enjoying some tech discussion or looking for solutions. I find posts laden with insults has such a negative impact on the community that results in people not participating any more, which is a shame. 

This trend seems to be occurring more and more these days. “Chode” is very offensive and has no place here. 

Thanks for your posts about Disney. Much appreciated.

Hi  , Thank you very much for your support.  That is exac...

g-idk
Master

Hi @rickatk , Thank you very much for your support.  That is exactly the reason you don't see me post too much anymore,  Your response post was very well worded and appreciated.  By the way Thank You for all the help and advice you give people. 

2 years later and still no provision to add Disney plus a...

Robbob2021
Grasshopper

2 years later and still no provision to add Disney plus app, very disappointing

0 Kudos

Hi  , totally agree with your sentiment.  I don't underst...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Robbob2021 , totally agree with your sentiment.  I don't understand what the problem is anymore,  Does Shaw have zero interest?  Is Disney asking too much in Shaw's opinion for licensing?  Hardware wise there should be no issue as Rogers has the exact same setup as Shaw does, and they have the app available.  Now with this Shaw/Rogers Merger thing going on I don't believe we will see any progress on this matter for the immediate future.  Sad.  

0 Kudos

It is August 2022!  Totally ridiculous that this hasn't b...

paulanderin
Grasshopper

It is August 2022!  Totally ridiculous that this hasn't been added yet.  I have to suffer through a daily useless update and yet you can't seem to add one of the most popular streaming services.  

Its now November and apparently Shaw is offering free Dis...

davidgerrior
Grasshopper

Its now November and apparently Shaw is offering free Disney + to Fiber + 300 customers. However I can't see it on my Home screen and when I prompt it with a voice command it takes me to a sign-in page where I have to pay for the service. I am a Fiber + customer and can't understand what I need to do. As you know Shaw does not make it easy to contact them and speak to a live person. Anyway I'm going to persist and see if I can't get the program. I suspect I will have to sign up for a new two-year subscription to get the deal. But I was thinking I would anyway in case the Rogers deal goes thru and then I have protection for 2 years from a price increase. Cheers, David 

0 Kudos

That is a promo for new customers, so, if you are a new c...

rstra
Grand Master

@davidgerrior  That is a promo for new customers, so, if you are a new customer and was offered that deal, you will have to give them a call or chat in. 

0 Kudos

Shaw is providing the app via the Blue Curve platform. In...

rickatk
Master

Shaw is providing the app via the Blue Curve platform. In order to Disney + you still have to subscribe. I hope we will see more apps offered  via the BlueCurve platform.

0 Kudos

AppleTV has been added.

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk   AppleTV has been added.

Great news! Now I don't have to flip over to the ATV inpu...

rickatk
Master

@rstra wrote:

@rickatk   AppleTV has been added.

Great news! Now I don't have to flip over to the ATV input. Very nice having these apps on once device. It will be interesting if Shaw will be broadcasting in 4K and Atmos some day soon.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help