How about a law suit?

Dave_cash
Grasshopper

How about a law suit?

0 Kudos

You can hook the PVR up to any tv and watch the programs....

Gibb1
Grasshopper

You can hook the PVR up to any tv and watch the programs. Don’t need to be hooked up to Shaw. 

0 Kudos

-- I did a limited test of your statement: with the Gate...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Gibb1 -- I did a limited test of your statement:

1. with the Gateway HDPVR powered-on and running, I disconnected the coaxial-cable from it.
  2. the live channel froze
  3. I accessed my recordings
  4. I picked one recording, and it played
  5. I stopped the playback, selected another recording, and it played
  6. I reconnected the coaxial-cable, and the live channel resumed.

However, I am thinking that since the Gateway was previously connected, it may have "authorized" itself (with Shaw's head-end) to play-back the recordings.  I did not try a larger test : power-off the Gateway, disconnect the cable, power-on the Gateway (would it try to authenticate itself?), and attempt to view any recording.

Interesting.

0 Kudos

I understand they make the pvrs unoperable

Mamabird
Grasshopper

I understand they make the pvrs unoperable

0 Kudos

Yes my Channels stopped coming in this morning and when I...

ktgod
Grasshopper

Yes my Channels stopped coming in this morning and when I called they said my old box was being retired and would not work for TV but could still watch my pre recorded shows but could not record or watch TV with the PVR box I have now.  They are sending new wireless and I have to use that but no TV until it comes in 4 days.  Unreal.  I said I did not want to new box as mine was upgraded last year and they said would be around for along time and now they just stopped the signal to the old box.  They sent a signal to try and reboot but of course failed.  Unreal how they can just stop our services and force this new box on us. 

0 Kudos

I tried to tell them I wanted to us my old box and have n...

ktgod
Grasshopper

I tried to tell them I wanted to us my old box and have not bells or whissels as have a small TV package and no phone just internet and they refused and said the box will not work.  You can't regress as they are taking them all out of the system

0 Kudos

I tried that and no did not work for regular TV have no i...

ktgod
Grasshopper

I tried that and no did not work for regular TV have no issues with pre recorded shows as they are on the local hard drive whereas the TV needs to come from their signal Unreal

0 Kudos

Yes but you cannot record anymore or watch regular TV

ktgod
Grasshopper

Yes but you cannot record anymore or watch regular TV

0 Kudos

-- watch all of your recorded content _before_ connecting...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ktgod -- watch all of your recorded content _before_ connecting & activating the new hardware.

My bank is now charging $2.50 per month to receive statements on paper, mailed via Canada Post. This is an example of a policy change by a company.  I can accept the charge, or I can switch to another bank. So, you can accept the change in your TV-boxes, or switch to some other TV-provider (Bell? Telus?).

0 Kudos