VOD online ordering not available

JDStrachan
Grasshopper

I go to vod.shaw.ca and log in successfully. However, if I try to order anything it says I am not subscribed. I called the help line today and am told my vod online was shut off on Sept 21 because it is "no longer available in my area", and that it is no longer available anywhere in Ontario. I asked if it was available in Alberta and was told yes. I was also told to use the on screen VOD.
I would use the on-screen VOD except it is horrible. For instance "Handmaid's Tale" Season one shows that episodes 3,4 and 7 are available, season 2 shows episodes 7 and 9 available, whereas on vod at vod.shaw.ca ALL episodes were available. After an hour on the phone and managing to get to a technical supervisor I was told that vod is now at bluecurvetv.shaw.ca and that this is nationwide. (which I never would have expected as I do not have Bluecurve) Did I miss a notification about this? Why didn't customer Service know anything about this, why didn't the first technical person I contacted know anything about this?  For a communications company, it seems Shaw is not great at communicating.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Not sure why Shaw has a login for vod.Shaw.ca because you...

rstra
Grand Master

@JDStrachan  Not sure why Shaw has a login for vod.Shaw.ca because you can’t order anything there. You can catch all episodes of The Handmaids Tale, on CTV Drama or Crave.

0 Kudos

The online ordering of VOD disappeared for me a few weeks...

Roadkill
Grasshopper

The online ordering of VOD disappeared for me a few weeks ago.  It came back for about a week, and then stopped working again.  Could a Shaw representative confirm here that it is gone for good, please.  I used online ordering almost daily because it was so quick and easy.  Doing it on screen through the cable box is terribly slow and inconvenient.  Searches are necessary for a lot of programs, and the search facility is horrible.

0 Kudos

My online wishlist is back and I can once again order onl...

Roadkill
Grasshopper

My online wishlist is back and I can once again order online!  Is it safe to assume online ordering will be staying?

TALK TO US
We're here to help