what does the exclamation point indicate on our PVR recordings??

Not applicable

since the recent update to the GUI we now have an exclamation point on some of our recordings. it doesn't seem to matter if they are new or old, HD or regular broadcast, favourites or other channels. All shows were recorded with the same parameters (we think).

Thanks, appreciate any advice you can give.

6 Replies

Re: what does the exclamation point indicate on our PVR recordings??

shaw-tamara

Hello  

That recording icon feature hasn't actually changed, but it might be the first time you're noticing them. The yellow/orange exclamation point just means that the episode has been recorded and may be deleted automatically if space is needed for future recordings.

You can find more info on that on page 13 of the user manual here (though they do look a bit different now thanks to the recent update). If it shows a red icon, that means the show is currently recording. Blue icons are used to show scheduled shows and green would mean that the show must be deleted manually. 

0 Kudos

Re: what does the exclamation point indicate on our PVR recordings??

debinatore
Grasshopper

I have had the very same issue with an exclamation on all recordings no matter what since the update. I see lots of other people with the same issue on Reddit as well... so it's NOT just you as Shaw replied to you 😞

I have 40% recording space left so that's NOT the issue either.

0 Kudos

Dead link

NebulaTig1
Grasshopper

Your link does not work

0 Kudos

Sorry about that! We've made some changes to our support...

shaw-valerie

@NebulaTig1 Sorry about that! We've made some changes to our support site in the months since the comment you're replying to was posted so the user guide is in a different spot now, you can find it here. (I've updated the link in the original comment as well) Hope that helps! 

0 Kudos

This has just started happening to us this week. The PVR...

Ideasbrewing
Grasshopper

This has just started happening to us this week. The PVR listing shows channel, show name then on the far right it either used to display how many episodes are recorded or the date recorded if only 1 episode. Now it displays a grey horizontal Lund and a gray (maybe a geyish blue?) circle with an exclamation point in the middle for every show that only has 1 episode recorded.  If we look in a folder for shows where we have multiple episodes, the grey bar and circled “!” Are to the right of every single episode.  What does that even mean?

0 Kudos

If the bar is grey it means you haven't watched that show...

vumax
Grasshopper

If the bar is grey it means you haven't watched that show. If it's white then you have watched it. It will also turn white corresponding to the percentage of the show you've watched. For example, if you've watched half the show at some point, half the bar will be white. The exclamation point means the show has been recorded but is eligible to be deleted if space is required.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help