-- if you access www.CTV.ca -- can you "stream" your loca...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Lancifer -- if you access www.CTV.ca -- can you "stream" your local CTV station onto your computer?

From the Shaw Outages page for Northern Alberta:

Summary: Customers in Edmonton, Leduc, Nisku, Devon, Beaumont and surrounding communities are experiencing an interruption to their Internet, Television and Home Phone services. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Live Updates:

08/29/2021 19:38 MT The issues have been resolved and all services should be up and running.  Thank you for your patience.
08/29/2021 18:14 MT Our technicians are beginning to restore services to your area. We thank you for your patience as each region is brought online. Everyone should back up as soon as possible!
08/29/2021 16:00 MT On-site technicians continue working diligently to resolve this outage. 
08/29/2021 13:45 MT On-site technicians continue working diligently to resolve this outage. 
08/29/2021 12:05 MT Due to the complexity of this outage, our technicians are still working to resolve. 
08/29/2021 10:06 MT Technicians continue to work to restore service as quickly possible. However, due to the nature of the repairs involved, we expect that this will take several hours. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates when available.
08/29/2021 08:01 MT Tech crews are on site working towards a resolution. 
08/29/2021 07:18 MT Technical crews are dispatched to arrive on site to investigate this matter. 
08/29/2021 06:24 MT Our teams are looking into it. Please stay tuned for updates.

0 Kudos

Thanks MDK, that helps a bit...  But the Updates say the...

Lancifer
Grasshopper

Thanks MDK, that helps a bit... 

But the Updates say the issue has been resolved, and I still cant watch my TV... so again, is there an ETA to when I CAN expect to watch my TV instead of my computer?

0 Kudos

Are all your channels out of just CTV, what message do yo...

rstra
Grand Master

@Lancifer Are all your channels out of just CTV, what message do you see on the screen? My CTV is working and there is no notification anywhere that there is a problem in Edmonton.

0 Kudos

-- so again, is there an ETA to when I CAN expect to watc...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Lancifer -- so again, is there an ETA to when I CAN expect to watch my TV instead of my computer?

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw Support. None of the contributors on this forum are authorized to speak on behalf of Shaw.

Can you disconnect the power-cord from your Shaw HD PVR, wait a few seconds, and reconnect it, and let the box fully restart?  Does this help?  If not, you should contact Shaw ( 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat ) to get an authoritative response.

P.S. The outage announcement from which I quoted has been deleted. Shaw typically does this deletion, probably 12 to 24 hours after the outage has been "resolved".

TALK TO US
We're here to help