Programming is up to the Weather Network, so, changing pr...

rstra
Grand Master

Programming is up to the Weather Network, so, changing providers won’t help.

0 Kudos

I called and spoke with Shaw Thursday morning regarding t...

LauraK
Grasshopper

I called and spoke with Shaw Thursday morning regarding the missing 271 weather network channel.  The guy I spoke with assured me that this was a network issue and they are aware and working on the problem and by the time I got home from work that evening the channel should be fixed.  I guess I was lied to. Very disappointed with Shaw. 

In our area the regular Shaw cable customers still have t...

Shirl108
Grasshopper

In our area the regular Shaw cable customers still have the local weather on the weather network - it’s just us blue curve suckers that have to suffer!! We pay a lot of money for our cable and we have a two year contract for the channels we signed up for!! Why are they not honouring at their end???  If they want to keep customers they should be fighting to get channel 271 back for their subscribers!! Living in NWO - we reply on the local weather network daily!!!

Yes they lied to me also!! Finally after three different...

Shirl108
Grasshopper

Yes they lied to me also!! Finally after three different calls I was told it was a weather network issue and not Shaw!! I feel that they as providers need to fight for what customers want - bring back our local weather network channel 271!!!

It's actually a shaw provider problem.  Not a programming...

LauraK
Grasshopper

It's actually a shaw provider problem.  Not a programming network issue.  I literally just got off the phone with shaw tech once again regarding this issue.  He said they got rid of the program that converted the SD channels to HD channels so they are not able to actually convert our local 271 which was is an HD channel.

It's actually a shaw provider problem.  Not a programming...

LauraK
Grasshopper

It's actually a shaw provider problem.  Not a programming network issue.  I literally just got off the phone with shaw tech once again regarding this issue.  He said they got rid of the program that converted the SD channels to HD channels so they are not able to actually convert our local 271 which was is an HD channel.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I just checked the gat...

rstra
Grand Master

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I just checked the gateway at our other place and the channel is there. 

TRY 272  or  472

DanM2018
Grasshopper

TRY 272  or  472

0 Kudos

Hey all, Using the ‘weather App” on your Bluecurve equipm...

Susan5
Grasshopper
Hey all, Using the ‘weather App” on your Bluecurve equipment, you can add your location and view local weather current conditions, and extended forecast. These would be the directions: 1)Press the Shaw button on the remote 2) Go over to the APPs tab and press OK 3)Go down to Daily Life, and select Weather & press OK 4)When the weather channel comes up, using the down arrow, select the grey box at the bottom for “add location” 5)Type in Medicine Hat and press OK 6)Now when you choose to use the Weather APP, you can view local weather and see today’s weather as well as extended forecast for the city you choose. I do hope this is helpful!
0 Kudos

Weather APP shows local weather conditions and extended forecast

Susan5
Grasshopper
Using the ‘weather App” on your Bluecurve equipment, you can add your location and view the extended forecast. These would be the directions: 1)Press the Shaw button on the remote 2) Go over to the APPs tab and press OK 3)Go down to Daily Life, and select Weather & press OK 4)When the weather channel comes up, using the down arrow, select the grey box at the bottom for “add location” 5)Type in Medicine Hat and press OK 6)Now when you choose to use the Weather APP, you can view local weather and see today’s weather as well as extended forecast for the city you choose. I do hope this is helpful!
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help