Why can I not connect to channels I am paying for?

isimpson
Grasshopper

Almost daily I cannot connect to channels I am paying for. I get a message telling me I need to subscribe to  the service. Do I need to start a breach of contract suit? Maybe we need a class action suit. 

Labels (1)
9 Replies

Well, before you start hiring lawyers, call Shaw and get...

rstra
Grand Master

Well, before you start hiring lawyers, call Shaw and get them to do some troubleshooting. 

I am tired of not getting straight answers from Shaw rega...

isimpson
Grasshopper

I am tired of not getting straight answers from Shaw regarding my TV channels. Time after time I use my "guide" which is set to "channels free to me" to access a movie or other show only to be told I need a subscription. I have contacted Shaw support several times on the issue only to be sloughed off with flimsy excuses. 

Although I have been a Shaw customer and supporter since they first came to my area I am about to dump Shaw and move to Telus. If Shaw wants to get its pound of flesh after I dump them before the end of my contract, then they can talk to my lawyer.

0 Kudos

Hi  so what answers is Shaw not giving to you straight ab...

g-idk
Master

Hi @isimpson so what answers is Shaw not giving to you straight about your tv channels?  what are these flimsy excuses?  Are you talking about when a channel is on a limited free preview?  sorry for your frustrations.  Maybe someone on here can help with more info.  Please remember this is only a peer to peer help forum not an official Shaw Support Channel so threating a lawyer on here won't go too far, besides I'm sure they're hundreds of lawyers would love to meet your single lawyer for lunch.  If you would like to file a formal complaint then scroll to the bottom of this page after reading this and under the Section About Us, near the bottom you will find Your Voice click on that link to file a formal complaint directly with Shaw.  Hopefully someone on here can help or your complaint with Shaw will do some good. 

0 Kudos

-- after I dump them before the end of my contract, then...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@isimpson -- after I dump them before the end of my contract, then they can talk to my lawyer.

Show your lawyer the contract that you signed, agreeing to the penalty for cancellation of your contract.

What does your lawyer charge, per hour? Probably, it is easy to run-up a $400 invoice from your lawyer. Compare that to a cancellation fee of $400 (20 months at $20/month), before retaining your lawyer.

Be very careful about posting negative comments about Sha...

isimpson
Grasshopper

Be very careful about posting negative comments about Shaw. I did so a few days ago and have since received several discomforting emails. As I did not post my email address I assume they emails came from somebody who could access my account info. 

0 Kudos

i am not totally sure that this is not a Shaw Support Cha...

isimpson
Grasshopper

i am not totally sure that this is not a Shaw Support Channel. I received emails with your input. How did that happen? I did not share my email address. 

Regarding your questions: I have talked to Shaw support staff by phone several times to no avail. I also in times past have had 'chat' conversations on the same subject. I have only one simple question that no-one has answered "what TV channels are available to me under the terms of my contract?".

Further, please do not assume that you understand the capabilities of my lawyer. We have had some good results. 

0 Kudos

Been there done that -patience exhausted>

isimpson
Grasshopper

Been there done that -patience exhausted> 

0 Kudos

Please do not make any assumptions about the relationship...

isimpson
Grasshopper

Please do not make any assumptions about the relationship between my lawyer and me.

Further, $400 is a cheap price to pay to set Shaw on a customer first path. 

0 Kudos

Hi  wow is about all I need to say about your posts. lol....

g-idk
Master

Hi @isimpson wow is about all I need to say about your posts. lol.  First off sir I do not work for or have ever worked for Shaw, the reason if you took the time to look it up, is you get email notifications automatically from this forum to inform you that someone has replied to your questions, you need to probably manually disable this function in your settings.  So don't Assume that this is a Shaw Support Channel when it is not, this is a peer to peer forum from regular users who try to help when they can.  Your relationship with your lawyer is of no concern to me, we were just stating facts and figures, you do whatever your heart's and wallets desire.  And finally to answer your question if you go to the My Shaw App or My Shaw website login to your account and under the tv services tab you will find a downloadable list of your current available channels. Have a great day Sir.  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help