Why does my recording or on demand movie just quit and return to the menu?

jimmyber04
Grasshopper

Lately, with in the last week and daily, when watching either on my PVR or on demand or steaming the program that I am watching will cut out and return to the menu.  I will try to continue watching and it will just return to the menu and will not let me return to my program.  At first I thought it was just the one box, but it is all of them and my PVR.  I have restarted my boxes and PVR and sometimes this works.  I have never had this issue until now, figured there was a programming issue and would be resolved by now.  Last night we rented First Man and it cut out on us.  We tried restarted the box and it would not work so we went to bed not finishing the movie.  I hope this issue will be resolved soon because now it is becoming annoying and frustrating.  

Labels (1)
9 Replies

Re: Why does my recording or on demand movie just quit and return to the menu?

shaw-tamara

Hi jimmyber04 

That definitely doesn't sound normal! It might be best to check in with our technical support team so they can take a closer look, but something you can try in the meantime is to check the cable connections to the main box and just make sure that the cables are screwed in tightly. If that doesn't fix the issue, then I would recommend you get in touch with us directly so we can take a closer look. You will find our contact information on https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I've been having the same issue myself for over two weeks now. However, it only seems to happen later in the evening. I've unplugged power cords and cables. I've been in touch with tech support and they've reset the boxes. Once it starts, it happens every half hour (we're able to re-access the programming around 5 minutes after getting kicked off). To say this is frustrating is an understatement. 

0 Kudos

bdebroni
Grasshopper

This has happened to us a few times, always when watching an on-demand show. When it happens, we cannot resume the show (it just exits back out). We are able to restart the show from the beginning, but as soon as we try to skip forward in the show to get back to where we were, it exits out. Every time this has happened, it appears to resolve itself after 15-20 minutes.

shaw-tamara

Hi everyone,

We have been getting a few reports of this and I've also noticed it happen on my cable box, so you're not alone. We're trying to get some more examples to investigate, so if possible, we ask that you get in touch with technical support so they can collect the information we need for the ticket (you can quote INC0578096). If you're on Facebook or Twitter, that would be the easiest way to get in touch as you won't have to wait on hold to talk to someone. You can click on the Facebook Messenger or Twitter Direct Message links on https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/ to send us your message there. Hopefully we can get this fixed soon! 

robmann
Grasshopper

How are we coming along with a fix for this? It has been a couple of weeks since it was first reported here. I am still seeing the issue and it is getting quite frustrating.

jimmyber04
Grasshopper

I am still getting the same issue.  I was watching Game of Thrones last night and I had to restart the PVR three times to get it to work.  I got through one episode and called it a night. 

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

The issue is still being worked on, so unfortunately it's not fixed yet. I've had the same problem at home a couple of times so I definitely get the frustration. We are still collecting examples, so if you are able to, you can send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with the name of the show and the time that it happened, along with your account information. You can let them know it's related to INC0578096. (You're welcome to call or chat as well, but Facebook and Twitter are more convenient because you don't have to wait on hold.)

jimmyber04
Grasshopper

It happened again last night. I am sorry but I do not have Twitter nor Facebook. I have some holidays coming up and then I will contact Shaw by phone if it continues. 

0 Kudos

-- it's about 3.5 years later. Still an issue? Has Shaw r...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jimmyber04 -- it's about 3.5 years later. Still an issue? Has Shaw replaced the TV box?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help