Why don't we have a weather channel in Medicine Hat anymore?

davidherselman
Grasshopper

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

-- probably, the lack of a supplier that Shaw can access....

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@davidherselman -- probably, the lack of a supplier that Shaw can access.

See: Vancouver Island School-Based Weather Station Network

for an example of what can be done with sensors placed at schools, with data aggregation done by the University of Victoria.

0 Kudos

Are you on BlueCurve? I believe Shaw removed the local we...

rstra
Grand Master

Are you on BlueCurve? I believe Shaw removed the local weather channel from the BlueCurve lineup, just 272 is left.

0 Kudos

It just seems odd that a city of 65000 people doesn't hav...

davidherselman
Grasshopper

It just seems odd that a city of 65000 people doesn't have enough info to supply a local weather station on  Shaw Cable yet Now they give us the Lethbridge weather only. At least put Lethbridge with Medicine Hat or give us the Alberta weather with all the cities back

0 Kudos

Shaw used to be a good cable company, but now they are be...

esehn
Grasshopper

Shaw used to be a good cable company, but now they are becoming just like BCE and Rogers. We used to have Medicine weather, and now we get Lethbridge weather which is useless to us. I have been a Shaw customer for 20+ years but am looking to go with someone else. Probably try Telus, they at least have less complaints than BCE and Rogers and do answer phones.

0 Kudos

-- ...  am looking to go with someone else. Probably try...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@esehn -- ...  am looking to go with someone else. Probably try Telus, they at least have less complaints than BCE and Rogers and do answer phones.

If you currently in an area served by Shaw Cablesystems, you only have two alternatives: Telus Optik, or Bell, because Rogers is not available where Shaw is available.

All the other companies are "resellers" -- they buy "bulk" network access from Telus or Bell, and market it to you.

Note that Rogers is trying to purchase Shaw, depending on a ruling by the CRTC (or some other branch of the Federal Government). So, if approval is granted, when you contact Shaw, you will be contacting Rogers.

P.S. Personally, I use www.shaw.ca/chat to contact Shaw -- I always get connected to a Shaw Agent within 10 minutes.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help