Why have two Bluesky 4K boxes gone into permanent sleep mode in the last 10 days?

steve_p
Grasshopper

When I turn on my TV and 5 month old Bluesky box, the box does not wake up.  Tried restarting box numerous times to no avail.  Tech in Einnipeg tried restarting box remotely numerous times again to no avail.  Box replaced last Saturday, last night new box failed to wake up on start.  Tried restarting box once again numerous times to no avail.  Tech in Winnipeg tried restarting box several times to no avail.  He said it was showing it had gone into standby mode and he could not get it to come out of this mode.  Tech coming Saturday late afternoon to nce again replace box.  I have requested a non-4K unit this time as I am not in the least impressed with Blueksy at this point. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Why have two Bluesky 4K boxes gone into permanent sleep mode in the last 10 days?

shaw-tamara

Hey steve_p 

That definitely sounds frustrating! We apologize for the troubles with this. I checked to see if we had any known issues reported about this but I'm not seeing any others with this specific issue at the moment. Very odd that it's happened to you twice, but hopefully the tech can get it sorted for you once and for all on Saturday. 

0 Kudos

Re: Why have two Bluesky 4K boxes gone into permanent sleep mode in the last 10 days?

steve_p
Grasshopper

Hi Tamara,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm hoping that the tech brings an older non-4K box with him on Saturday because I'm done with 4K boxes for now.  As there is very little 4K content anywhere I seriously doubt I'll miss that capability.

0 Kudos

we just switched recently to Blue Curve and both our boxe...

janesheis
Grasshopper

we just switched recently to Blue Curve and both our boxes keep going into stand by mode.  We turn them on and they are on sleep mode and we can't wake them up except to restart them which then takes a few minutes.  It's super annoying.  And this is 2020, 2 years after your original post!!!

0 Kudos

Have you tried turning off power save? Shaw button/Gear b...

rstra
Grand Master

Have you tried turning off power save? Shaw button/Gear button/Device settings/Power preferences, you can turn it off there.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help