Why is Shaw putting a pop-up on my tv that says "Press OK to watch HD?" It messes with my regular ch

Frustrated7
Grasshopper

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hi   this function happens to me on my older Motorola pvr...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Frustrated7  this function happens to me on my older Motorola pvr box with classic guide to let me know that the same channel is available in HD when you are watching the channel in SD(standard definition), with a few exceptions all my lower channels tell me to watch the same program in HD, which goes away if I don't push ok after about 5 seconds.  Is this the same thing that you are talking about? If it is I think it is just a normal function of the guide.  Or is it something totally different?  Ok well let us know, hope this helps.  

0 Kudos

-- I agree with the Other Person: goes away if I don't pu...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Frustrated7 -- I agree with the Other Person: goes away if I don't push ok after about 5 seconds

I sometimes record the Blue Jays in SD, and then fast-forward over commercials and the "gap" after every 3rd out.  It's not quite the same as the "Blue Jays in 30" heavily-edited summary.

The "SD" recording occupies less disk-space on my PVR than a "HD" recording.

0 Kudos

I just saw a post over on another thread saying that with...

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I just saw a post over on another thread saying that within the last 2-3 days SHAW made this update to the Gateway system. I activated a few SD channels to try it out and I did see that " Press OK to Watch HD " message pop up on channel 2 ( Seattle ABC ) and channel 3 ( Vancouver CBC ) but I did not see it on Channel 18 ( Weather Network ). Apparently if you don't click OK right away and then change your mind later on you can still press the OK button and the message will pop up again.    

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help