Why is Shaw TV cutting out and freezing constantly

DHinchey
Grasshopper

Labels (1)
4 Replies

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DHinchey -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

For your "technical" problem, you need to contact Shaw/Rogers Support: 1-888-472-2222 or www.shaw.ca/chat to trouble-shoot the hardware (your TV box, your coaxial-cable out to the nearest telephone-pole, et cetera).

Note that an Agent is capable of remotely connecting to your TV box, to view the "signal strength" reaching it, because "poor signal strength" can cause your issue.

0 Kudos

I have the same problem and the agent blamed it on poor w...

BiilE
Grasshopper

I have the same problem and the agent blamed it on poor wifi signal... which is Shaw's problem, not mine. Add "Forum TV" and "I24" and I am considering cancelling my contract and going back to Telus!

0 Kudos

wrote: the agent blamed it on poor WiFi signal... which i...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BiilE wrote: the agent blamed it on poor WiFi signal... which is Shaw's problem, not mine.

Shaw uses coaxial-cable to deliver the TV feed from the nearest telephone-pole into your cable-modem.

You use the cable-modem's WiFi to communicate with the box that uses an HDMI cable into your TV.

So, the "poor WiFi" is entirely inside your home.

Maybe, you have too much distance, and too many walls, between the cable-modem and the TV box that feeds your TV.

Which cable-modem do you have? XB6? XB7? XB8? [Rogers has renamed these boxes.]  The XB8 is said to offer stronger WiFi.

0 Kudos

Poor wifi signal in your home. You could trying getting a...

rstra
Grand Master

@BiilE  Poor wifi signal in your home. You could trying getting a pod from Rogers or get your own range extender. If the box is installed behind your TV, the signal could be getting blocked, try moving the box, if possible.

0 Kudos