YouTube slowdown

Larry16
Grasshopper

The past week or so has seen most every YouTube program i chose pauses with a black screen and loading message sometimes taking 10-15 seconds before the program launches. I have changed nothing and tried resetting the box by unplugging for 30 seconds.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

-- experiment: Start the Windows "Task Manager" Click it...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Larry16 -- experiment:

1. Start the Windows "Task Manager"
  2. Click its "Performance" tab. Does it show the CPU usage at "minimal" levels? Does it show less than 50% of the "RAM" as being used? Does it show disk-drive input/output at minimal levels? Does it show Internet activity at minimal levels?
  3. Minimize this window.
  4. Click to launch a YouTube video, and immediately "restore" the Task Manager window.
  5. What are the new values for CPU/RAM/Disk/Network, until the video begins to play? After it starts playing?

Tell us your observations.

0 Kudos

This is on my television app, not a computer.

Larry16
Grasshopper

This is on my television app, not a computer.

0 Kudos

-- this is on my TV app Thanks for the clarification. Hav...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Larry16 -- this is on my TV app

Thanks for the clarification.

Have you powered-off your cable-modem (by disconnecting its power-cord) and then reconnecting it, and then trying the app on your TV?

If you have a computer connected to your cable-modem, experiment:

1. Start the Windows "Task Manager"
  2. Click its "Performance" tab. Does it show the CPU usage at "minimal" levels? Does it show less than 50% of the "RAM" as being used? Does it show disk-drive input/output at minimal levels? Does it show Internet activity at minimal levels?
  3. Minimize this window.
  4. Click to launch a web-browser, and access the Netflix home page, and login to Netflix.
  5. Restore the Task Manager window, and re-check the values, and re-minimize the window.
  6. Click to start playing a video, and immediately "restore" the Task Manager window.
  7. What are the new values for CPU/RAM/Disk/Network, until the video begins to play? After it starts playing?

Tell us your observations. Does the video still take 10 to 15 seconds to start playing?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help