Jump to solution

Automatic billing fail

GreginTrail
Grasshopper

I signed up for shaw internet in December. I was enrolled in Shaw automatic billing. I checked shaw a week after my bill date, no payment showing. I paid shaw via my bank - i have proof if payment. Shaw finally showed credit card payment 10 days later. They have not shown second payment. As billing & payments appear to be an issue with shaw, i have cancelled automatic payment and switched to paper bills. Not sure i like The Dark - btw Shaw has evolved past having a person to ask where the money went. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- Shaw doesn't show this Logon to the My Shaw Portal, se...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GreginTrail -- Shaw doesn't show this

Logon to the My Shaw Portal, select "My Bills", and scroll-down to "Transactions".

You can show each transaction, going back many months, such as the date Shaw received your payment(s).

You can also download the 24 most-recent Shaw invoices, to see on what date you paid for which month of service, e.g. "paid on February 1 for service between Feb-15 and March-15".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jump to solution

I haven’t used auto payments for my Shaw bill for years,...

rstra
Grand Master

I haven’t used auto payments for my Shaw bill for years, so I don’t remember when exactly they took payment. In your case, the system seems to have worked, you set auto payment, and they payment came out. As long as the bill was paid before the due date, I don’t see why this is a problem.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I paid twice, but shaw doesn't show this. Or else Shaw li...

GreginTrail
Grasshopper

I paid twice, but shaw doesn't show this. Or else Shaw lies and internet is not $95, including tax, it is $190 a month. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Shaw doesn't show this Logon to the My Shaw Portal, se...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GreginTrail -- Shaw doesn't show this

Logon to the My Shaw Portal, select "My Bills", and scroll-down to "Transactions".

You can show each transaction, going back many months, such as the date Shaw received your payment(s).

You can also download the 24 most-recent Shaw invoices, to see on what date you paid for which month of service, e.g. "paid on February 1 for service between Feb-15 and March-15".

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I am not sure how "automatic" the "automatic billing"...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@GreginTrail -- I am not sure how "automatic" the "automatic billing" really is.

I am registered for auto-pay, but one month, a few years ago, the payment was not made.

When I called Shaw, they said that some person doing the "automatic" billing mis-entered part of my credit-card information, causing my bank to reject the transaction.  Hmm.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I dont even think they like money... its really strange a...

ApartmentNet
Grasshopper

I dont even think they like money... its really strange after I cancelled autopay I didn't get a bill either. Yet I got charged a late fee and a user? Fee? And I didn't get billed for a month or so... but now I owe them close to 190 bucks? What's up with that. I know exactly what your feeling this this post.

June Rain
0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Hi  , Isn't your bill due the exact same date every month...

g-idk
Master

Hi @ApartmentNet , Isn't your bill due the exact same date every month, regardless if you received a bill in the mail or not.  Have you signed up for e-bills so you get a notification in your emial that your bill is ready to view.  You can also keep good track of your acct. and any bills owing by logging on to the My Shaw website or My Shaw App.  Hope everything gets straightened out for you.  

Jump to solution

sorry so delayed in responding to your reply. Im only jus...

ApartmentNet
Grasshopper

sorry so delayed in responding to your reply.

Im only just getting my bill paid down but super slowly And Yes, it does come out on the same date every month.  I am really looking to switch Completely to some other company soon.

June Rain
0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I am wondering how "automatic" Shaw's automatic system...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@ApartmentNet -- I am wondering how "automatic" Shaw's automatic system is, because one month, long before COVID-19, Shaw did not take my auto-payment. When I called, they said that some employee incorrectly entered my credit-card details. Of course, the credit-card company rejected the transaction. So, there seems to be something "manual" that went wrong, that one time.

0 Kudos