Customer Loyalty Dept calling?

mac320
Grasshopper

Last week I received a call from 8337931026 and the caller identified they were from the Shaw Customer Loyalty Dept. and they were calling as my 2 year contract is soon to expire.  After a long spiel I asked the agent to email me the offer.  

After a week no email.  A search on this site reveals Shaw shut down their Customer Loyalty Dept.

21 Replies

They called my too prior to my vp expiring. You would pro...

rstra
Grand Master

They called my too prior to my vp expiring. You would probably only get emailed when you accepted the new contract. 

I think the concern is who really called. .

mac320
Grasshopper

I think the concern is who really called. .

Never Mind.

rstra
Grand Master

Actually, never mind.  

0 Kudos

Not surprised, there is no customer support.  The Custome...

mario3
Grasshopper

Not surprised, there is no customer support.  The Customer Loyalty Department was where you could bring your grievances for resolve.  There appears

to be no resolving of problems.  Telus is looking better and better to us.  We have never missed a payment in 30 years, but there is no support for us

it seems.  My husband spent five hours (yes, five hours) waiting to talk to a human being about the continuing problem with Internet Connections and

TV going black (no connectivity).  Almost two months of it so far (Shaw admits to the problem across Canada).  There is no problem solving that we

are aware of?  The Blue Curve equipment  (modem) is overheated and we think that is one of the reasons for the problems.  We have had all the

Blue Curve equipment replaced and there is no change in the error messages.  

0 Kudos

-- I did a search: https://www.google.ca/search?q=833-793...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mac320 -- I did a search: https://www.google.ca/search?q=833-793-1026

with mixed results -- a few posts thought it was a scammer, but most thought that it really was Shaw.

If it really is Shaw calling you, they should know your Shaw Account Number.  Ask them to give it to you. Also, ask for the dates for your most-recent billing-period, and the amount of the most-recent payment.

the loyalty department was only there to try and win back...

rstra
Grand Master

@mario3 the loyalty department was only there to try and win back customers who may be leaving, or, more commonly, threatening to leave and trying to get a better deal. Now that most service providers will cancel on behalf of customers that switch from their competitors, it probably didn’t make sense to have that department around anymore. 

I should also mention that I don’t know for sure whether or not the loyalty department is gone, I have only heard that from posts on this site. 

0 Kudos

I also did the search and the results did indicate Shaw....

mac320
Grasshopper

I also did the search and the results did indicate Shaw. I will follow your advice and as for verification including my account number.

0 Kudos

very sensible idea, funny how we have come full circle, n...

rstra
Grand Master

@mac320 very sensible idea, funny how we have come full circle, now we are asking the providers to prove their identities. 😀

-- My husband spent five hours (yes, five hours) waiting...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mario3 -- My husband spent five hours (yes, five hours) waiting to talk to a human being about the continuing problem with Internet Connections and TV going black (no connectivity). 

While on hold, did he hear a pre-recorded message, stating that online chat currently has priority over telephone?

If your TV goes "black", it really does seem to be a problem with the incoming signal-strength to your TV box (and your cable-modem).

Personally, using online chat has connected me to a Shaw Agent within 5 minutes, not 5 hours, most of the time.

Meanwhile, try different Ethernet cables, and try a different coaxial-cable between your Shaw devices and your wall-port. Make sure that the coaxial-cable connections are tight.