Jump to solution

How do I disconnect the two step verification to view my bill?

richpro1946
Grasshopper

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Create a new Shaw ID

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@richpro1946 -- if you create a new Shaw ID, it will deactivate your current Shaw ID, and it will link your Shaw ID to your Shaw account-number.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Jump to solution

Create a new Shaw ID

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@richpro1946 -- if you create a new Shaw ID, it will deactivate your current Shaw ID, and it will link your Shaw ID to your Shaw account-number.

Jump to solution

I really do not want to create a new ID. I just wish shaw...

jean23
Grasshopper

I really do not want to create a new ID. I just wish shaw would quit making me do the 2 step verification. I changed browsers like 6 months ago and shaw keeps saying I have a new browser. I telephone and spoke with a tech who told me they would quit asking me to do the 2 step  but whatever he did was not right.

Jump to solution

--  I changed browsers like 6 months ago and Shaw keeps s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jean23 --  I changed browsers like 6 months ago and Shaw keeps saying I have a new browser. 

Is it possible that your new web-browser is configured to NOT accept "cookies" ?

If Shaw can drop their cookie into your web-browser, then when Shaw retrieves the cookie, they will know that "hey, it's you again, I recognize your browser".

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I also want to turn off 2 step verification but can't. It...

rodynski
Grasshopper

I also want to turn off 2 step verification but can't. It isn't a problem with my cookies, it's a problem with Shaw making this difficult.

Jump to solution

Shaw updated the My Shaw app to fix two step verification...

rstra
Grand Master

@rodynski Shaw updated the My Shaw app to fix two step verification, you can try and turn it off there. 

Jump to solution

NOT SOLVED How does one deactivate two-step ? Can I have...

Brabados
Grasshopper

NOT SOLVED

How does one deactivate two-step ?

Can I have the official answer please ?

Shaw ? hello ? anybody there ?

Jump to solution

The two-step verification is now mandatory for all custom...

shaw-petty

@Brabados The two-step verification is now mandatory for all customers signing into MyShaw online account. It's a feature to add an extra layer of security. If you don't have access to the email address or mobile phone where we sent the codes, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team here. We can help you disable the two-step verification temporarily. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Mandatory is a paternalistic, big brother, know it all, "...

Brabados
Grasshopper

Mandatory is a paternalistic, big brother, know it all, "we know better what's good for them" stance concocted in a Shaw boardroom.
You are not a bank, not a hospital, not CRA, not a courthouse, not the parliament.

(1)
Be nice and update your user interface to inform customers that removing two-step verification is not an option, it's imposed.

(2)
Also, update your customer service reps on this, so I don't have to waste my time explaining the option to disable TSV is not there.

(3)
Really, save us some time and some frustration and remove the two step verification. Not all of us are susceptible to phishing attacks.

Have a good one.

Jump to solution

NOT OK! This is foolish. We got enough going on in life a...

annalayne
Grasshopper

NOT OK! This is foolish. We got enough going on in life and in the world & I don't like how annoying it is to make a payment to Shaw.  First you make us GIVE EMAIL.

then YOU START SPAMMING EMAIL WHEN YOU WANT A BILL PAYMENT. Which by the way, doesn't make a person get paid form work faster! So that was a straight breach of trust from what I was told the email was for by the Shaw representative that asked for the info. NOW THE FORCED 2 STEP VERIFICATION! What's with you guys? What's enough? Why should i trust you with my email if its only going to add more conflict and stress to my life?  I only needed internet! Not the games  & the tricks. Just internet! Disconnect this silly forced 2 step and guess what... maybe people will be able to pay you faster without all the hurdles to make payments!