, same here.  grew up with rotary dial until sometime in...

g-idk
Master

@rstra , same here.  grew up with rotary dial until sometime in the late 70's or early 80's.  Yes I remember the rental option even after you were allowed to buy.

0 Kudos

wrote on a two year plan, then I read it's going up again...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kopinsky wrote on a two year plan, then I read it's going up again in September..

Since you have a two-year Value Plan, your prices for TV and for Internet will not change for those two years.  For those Shaw customers paying "month-to-month", they are subject to price increases at any time. 

Some other charges (Home Phone, add-on channels & packages, additional TV boxes) are NOT covered by the Value Plan.

It's all in the "fine print".

We also just received our latest bill with added charges...

ptarmstrong
Grasshopper

We also just received our latest bill with added charges for extra boxes. So much for honouring current contracts with customers.  Shaw used to be a wonderful company to deal with, but as usual, a merger results in higher costs for customers and increasingly poor service.  Time to look at alternatives.

Unfortunately, equipment was not part of the contract, so...

rstra
Grand Master

@ptarmstrong  Unfortunately, equipment was not part of the contract, so they are free to raise prices. If you are in Telus territory, you could switch to them, their boxes are only $10 a month.

My latest bill increased $7 per month as well. Very disap...

RyanG-1958
Grasshopper

My latest bill increased $7 per month as well. Very disappointed in Shaw/Rogers and will NEVER do business with them again once my contract expires. And my internet seems to be slower since Rogers took over. 

0 Kudos

Yes anyone but Shaw/Rogers for me in the future.

RyanG-1958
Grasshopper

Yes anyone but Shaw/Rogers for me in the future.

0 Kudos

This is such a scam it’s not even funny. There purposely...

mad90
Grasshopper

This is such a scam it’s not even funny. There purposely increasing the price of the boxes cause on Shaw u only have two options, run there crappy app on a Fire TV or rent one of there boxes. All the other major TV providers have there app available on different platforms (Apple TV, Google TV, etc) EXCEPT SHAW. I was told when Rogers bought then they nixed any projects to save money. This is a way for them to make extra money. No way from me. Going to return all the boxes, once Telus installs fiber in my way Shaw/Rogers can take a hike. Such a scammy thing todo. Take all 8 boxes and put them where the sun don’t shine. Not going to pay $96 lol.

No, it's going to be $12 a box up from $5.

bveinot
Grasshopper

No, it's going to be $12 a box up from $5. 

0 Kudos

I had the same conversation about my 2 year value plan wh...

REC
Grasshopper

I had the same conversation about my 2 year value plan which has increased by $7 for the additional box. I was sure my 2 year value plan re-sign conversation included two boxes discounted to zero. It's annoying how I have a 16 year history of having value plans and the contract cost has never gone up during the 2 year term..........UNTIL ROGERS TOOK OVER! 

Same here. I’ve got 3 XiOne boxes, and will be going up r...

ColtonW24
Grasshopper

Same here. I’ve got 3 XiOne boxes, and it will be going up roughly $14 a month. All three are well used, although I could maybe replace one with a Fire Stick.

I am also paying $15 a month for Home Phone service, so I could cancel that rather then get rid of a TV box. But like, I shouldn’t have to in the first place.

This whole thing is quite annoying. Especially with getting zero notice before the price went up. We’ve been with Shaw for 20+ years. But with this price increase, we might actually consider switching to Telus when our ValuePlan ends next year.

0 Kudos