wrote: if auto-payment is still enabled, that's some real...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JeffGWpg wrote: if auto-payment is still enabled, that's some really early payment for services not yet rendered.

That is incorrect.  

After July 15 (today), you soon will be invoiced for one month. (You have already been invoiced on July 8, and will have 30 days to pay.) Your next invoice will be issued on August 8, for service to be delivered to you in the future: from August 8 to September 7.  If auto-payment is active, Shaw/Rogers will debit your bank-account on August 21 -- 14 days after the invoice.  So, for you, starting on August 8, you will not be paying for 14 days. Your auto-payment on August 21 will be for 16 days of "advance" services -- August 21 to September 7.

0 Kudos

my comment you referenced was specific for  as he is pre-...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

@mdk my comment you referenced was specific for @rstra as he is pre-paying more than a month in advance based on the screenshots he shared.

0 Kudos

-- note that  self-identifies as a former employee. So, t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JeffGWpg -- note that @rstra self-identifies as a former employee.

So, they may have been getting "employee-rates", even for one billing-cycle _after_ they ceased to be employed, by paying well in advance to receive this benefit. 

Only @rstra can show some invoices, both before & after retirement, to see if the monthly charges are still are at the "employee/retiree" level.

0 Kudos

Yeah rstra is an anomaly in this discussion. I have alrea...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

@mdk Yeah rstra is an anomaly in this discussion. I have already stated that I was mistaken regarding the pre vs post service. I always believed we were pre-paying for service when in fact, we are post-paying. That said, I don't see any issue with the timing of the payments. It's still in my personal best interest to pay as close to due date as possible but the timing of Rogers taking payment for auto-pay is not unfair.

0 Kudos

I won’t be showing invoices, but I pay the regular custom...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk I won’t be showing invoices, but I pay the regular customer rates now. 

0 Kudos

I have always thought everyone pre-paid as well. I could...

rstra
Grand Master

@JeffGWpg  I have always thought everyone pre-paid as well. I could probably contact Rogers and get it fixed, but I think it would just be too painful trying to explain what is going on 😀😀😀

delete

Upfront6891
Grasshopper

delete

0 Kudos

This is called En**bleep**tification. I posted a thread on th...

Upfront6891
Grasshopper
0 Kudos

Just got my bill, I still get a month to pay, probably be...

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk @JeffGWpg  Just got my bill, I still get a month to pay, probably because I pre-pay 

0 Kudos

, omg, well so much for that idea. So I wonder when yours...

g-idk
Master

@rstra , omg, well so much for that idea. So I wonder when yours will take effect?  What a confusion.  

0 Kudos