I have a feeling that it won’t change. I think I will act...

rstra
Grand Master

@g-idk  I have a feeling that it won’t change. I think I will actually contact Rogers.

Just corporate greed, this will be my last dealings with...

Summersault
Grasshopper

Just corporate greed, this will be my last dealings with Shaw at the end of my current package expiration.

Yes, that is exactly right.  They take preauthorized paym...

NoMoreRogers
Grasshopper

Yes, that is exactly right.  They take preauthorized payments from customers BEFORE  the actual payment due date. This provides Rogers with additional working capital at no cost.

Consider the total value of all the money that Rogers will collect earlier than the due date from all of its preauthorized payment customers. Consider the financial benefit to Rogers of having all this extra money in its pocket. It would be huge.

Think about this, would Rogers or any prudent company pay its bills weeks earlier than the due date? Of course not!!

But Rogers and other companies use this billing/payment practice to increase their cash on hand which will reduce their their cost of running the business.

The solution for customers - don't preauthorize payments from credit cards or bank accounts. Each month, pay the invoice on the due date. The downside of this approach is that it will require more work each month to make the payment on time. Automatic payments are much easier.    

Payments came out of my account on July 16 as normal and...

Phone5
Grasshopper

Payments came out of my account on July 16 as normal and under this new scam July 29 better check.

Worth noting that under this new scheme introduction Auto...

Vangle
Grasshopper

Worth noting that under this new scheme introduction Auto-pay makes two payments in July 2024 (16th and 29th), none in Feb 2025 and two again in March 2025 (1st and 29th). The more interesting angle is the 'new' Due Date will be 21 days after the invoice date which is 10-11 days prior to the actual service delivery - and late charges will accrue daily. 

So Rogers gets the all the customer cash up front (16-17 days early) and potentially 10-11 days of up-front late fees BEFORE having to actually fulfill their contractual terms of service delivery.

-Someones getting a annual performance bonus for all this.

They also changed the due date. Was the 4th of the month,...

fedup5
Grasshopper

They also changed the due date. Was the 4th of the month, now it will be the 25th. So if you are a pensioner you will be late every month. So if you go off automatic withdrawals you will lose the discount for the automatic payment but also be charged late fees. This is the kind of crap Roger's does which is why I never signed up with Roger's. Shaw betrayed  their customers when they sold out to Roger's. I will be jeaving as soon as I can.

Hi there, it is kind of confusing as the banner pops up w...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, it is kind of confusing as the banner pops up when you long into the account area noting that payment dates are changing but on mine, even for the latest bill, after the supposed change, I still get a month to pay. Bill date is Aug 02 and due date is still Sept 02. Maybe it wasn't a system wide thing and perhaps people in B.C. already paid way ahead for what they subscribe to. I'm going to go with a payment slightly before the due date that is noted on the bill. If they say it's late...and say it should have been 21 days after invoice...their bill doesn't back that up. I'll be complaining for sure. 

0 Kudos

wrote: this will be my last dealings with Shaw at the end...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Summersault wrote: this will be my last dealings with Shaw at the end of my current package expiration.

Why wait?

Currently, you probably are paying over $100 per month. If you cancel today, you'll pay $30 per month for each remaining month, as the cancellation fee.

Ask TELUS if they still offer a "buyout" -- namely them paying the $100/month until the end of the Shaw contract, to encourage you to switch now.

0 Kudos

I also have had .03 added to my bill for September and th...

bdsamson
Grasshopper

I also have had .03 added to my bill for September and the payment date clearly says pay by September 4.24 but when you add 21 days to billing Date August 4.24 you get the answer that you should pay by August 25.24 or sooner if Rogers together with Saw is going to charge pennies in interest.  I thought Rogers would be a good change but very disppointed at all the "add on" charges.  I waited 2 years for a cable to be replaced that ran across my front lawn so I trouble cutting my lawn.  I am 80 years old and have been a Shaw customer for many many years.  Not pleased...

0 Kudos

I tried to contact Rogers to ask about my .03 interest ch...

bdsamson
Grasshopper

I tried to contact Rogers to ask about my .03 interest charge on my September bill and waited half and hour so hung up.  The actual bill clearly says September 4 but you have to pay by Aug 25 to avoid interest charges.  Very petty Rogers very petty! 

0 Kudos