It doesn’t matter what math you use you will be making tw...

vchiquita
Grasshopper

It doesn’t matter what math you use you will be making two payments in July. You still will be making another payment in August and each month thereafter. Do you really think your customers are idiots. Shame on shaw for taking extra money from people that don’t have it. Just think of how much money will be collected for this scam, it must run in the millions. I do believe that Shaw has broken the contract they have with me regarding these extra fees.

But it isn’t an extra payment, just not good timing for p...

rstra
Grand Master

@vchiquita But it isn’t an extra payment, just not good timing for people on auto pay. I can’t understand why people stay on auto pay if this date change is such a hardship, unless their cell plan requires auto pay.

You calling this a "hardship" shows that you're buying in...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

@rstra You calling this a "hardship" shows that you're buying into this corporate greed. As much as it technically *is* an extra payment for those who view it as a 2nd payment in the same month, I'm sure we all also understand that the fact of the matter is the payment withdrawal date is changing. That's not what prompted me to start this thread.
What I'm upset about is the fact that Rogers will now be taking auto-payments 2 weeks prior to the actual due date. This means they will be earning interest on the money and the customer will lose that money for the same purpose. Money moves electronically and is dated according to transaction dates, not physical movement dates. When I make an online payment on July 8, Rogers may not physically see that money in their account until July 11 but once posted, it will be backdated and they will earn interest on it from July 8.
There is absolutely no reason for Rogers to change the auto-withdrawal date other than to put more money in the corporate pockets.
I have turned off auto-payments and I hope everyone else does the same. This will also cause many late payments as people will forget to make the payment on time. I wonder who will pay for that...

I didn’t call it a hardship, I said if it was a hardship,...

rstra
Grand Master

@JeffGWpg  I didn’t call it a hardship, I said if it was a hardship, to turn off the auto payments, problem solved. 

0 Kudos

chalk that one up to interpretation I guess... 🤷‍♂️

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

@rstra chalk that one up to interpretation I guess... 🤷‍

It’s two payments in July, that’s more than bad timing. I...

vchiquita
Grasshopper

It’s two payments in July, that’s more than bad timing. I dropped off auto payments just after receiving the email saying that they would take a second payment in July. Shaw has broken all contracts with people using automated payments.

0 Kudos

wrote: I have turned off auto-payments and I hope everyon...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@JeffGWpg wrote: I have turned off auto-payments and I hope everyone else does the same.

This will also cause many late payments as people will forget to make the payment on time.

Rather than letting Shaw/Rogers automatically debit your bank-account, use your online banking to schedule a monthly payment to Shaw, a few days before the due date shown in the invoice.

Simple. No muss, no fuss, no "forgetting" to pay, no overdue penalties.

QED

wrote: You still will be making another payment in August...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@vchiquita wrote: You still will be making another payment in August and each month thereafter. 

Incorrect.

Shaw/Rogers creates only ONE invoice per month.  Pay it:

• in person, at your bank
  • online, through E-banking, as a "one-time" payment
  • online, through E-banking, as a scheduled once-per-month payment
  • online, through the My Shaw Portal

In each case, pay a few days before the due date, to ensure that your payment is received by the due date.

They are not invoicing TWICE "in each month thereafter". That is nonsense.

Who said that Shaw would be invoicing twice each month. I...

vchiquita
Grasshopper

Who said that Shaw would be invoicing twice each month. I said  two payments in July and one every month there after. Add it up on Shaw auto payment plan you will have made thirteen payments for 2024. And that isn’t nonsense.

0 Kudos

you prepay for the service and this payment date just bum...

JeffGWpg
Grasshopper

@vchiquita you prepay for the service and this payment date just bumps the prepayment date by 2 weeks. Yes, you will realize an exra payment in the 12 months but you're not actually paying more. It's just timing. (Don't get me wrong, I 💯 disagree with this change but it's no different than a new customer signing up and starting auto payments - they will prepay for whatever amount then subsequently pay 2 weeks prior to due date as well if they go on auto payments)