Amazon scam calls

Kerellian
Grasshopper

I have spam call blocking turned on. but I am getting a ridiculous amount of spam calls from fake amazon security. they are all coming through 605-457-XXXX number block. what options do we have to help mitigate these calls. I am getting them multiple times a day Monday through Friday.  

1 Reply

-- there is nothing that you can do, because a computer i...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Kerellian -- there is nothing that you can do, because a computer is dialing your number. 

When you get to talk to a human, are you saying something like "thank you for calling the Vancouver Poor Lice. How can I direct your call?". If they hear POLICE instead of POOR LICE, they may "bail" and hang-up.

Probably, the Caller-ID information is "spoofed".

Are you subscribed to this registry: Telemarketing and unwanted calls

If you live in Canada, you can choose to reduce the number of telemarketing calls you receive by registering your residential, wireless, fax or VoIP telephone number on the National Do Not Call List (DNCL). If your telephone number is not linked to a business line, then you are considered to be a consumer for the purposes of the National DNCL.

If you’re a telemarketer, you have to abide by the Unsolicited Telecommunications Rules (UTR), register with and pay to use the DNCL.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help