caller ID

peterat
Grasshopper
How do I make a phone call when my ID is blocked and the person I am calling does not accept ID blocked calls?
Labels (1)
7 Replies

Hi  to make your caller id visible for a specific call ,...

g-idk
Master

Hi @peterat to make your caller id visible for a specific call , press *82 before dialing the number.  this will temporarily show your caller id to the person you are calling. This is only for a per use situation, your caller id will return to private not listed after you finish with your conversation.  Hopefully this is what you were asking about, have a great day. 

do not work!!!!

Katie17
Grasshopper

do not work!!!!

0 Kudos

Hi,  , I just tried it and it works totally fine.  After...

g-idk
Master

Hi, @Katie17 , I just tried it and it works totally fine.  After pressing *82(star82) you should hear a quick couple of beeps and then your regular dial tone should be heard and then you go a head a dial the number you wish to call that needs your caller id to work.  

how do you do this when you are calling long distance?

bjt7383
Grasshopper

how do you do this when you are calling long distance?

0 Kudos

Hi , It's the exact same procedure as I stated above....

g-idk
Master

Hi @bjt7383 ,  It's the exact same procedure as I stated above.  When you have your dial tone, press *82 and you should here a couple sort of beeps, then press 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX (X of course being the number your calling) for long distance calling.  This will unlock your caller id temp. for the other end to see it displayed.  Hope this helps.  

I want my caller ID to always show

chrissjolund
Grasshopper

I want my caller ID to always show

0 Kudos

Hi  , you will have to get in contact with Shaw directly...

g-idk
Master

Hi @chrissjolund , you will have to get in contact with Shaw directly by phone/chat feature/social media messenger so they can switch your phone line from being a private unlisted number back to a listed non private number, your actual phone number would not change just the status of the phone line.  If you want to have your caller id displayed for every call this is the only way I can think of.  Did you or someone in your household request to have your caller id blocked and made private/unlisted?, and now you'd like to change it back to regular open caller id?  Hope I was a little help.  

TALK TO US
We're here to help