100 mbps upload speed?

controlfreak
Grasshopper

I resigned my 2 year contract with the 300 fibre+ package.  It says it comes with an upload speed of up to 100 mbps.  My previous internet 300 was capped at 15 mbps.  I inquired about the 100 mbps upload and why I was still capped at 15mbps.  I was told that my Hitron modem couldn't do more than 15mbps??  They sent me a new gateway 2 modem.  I just got off chat with tech and I'm still at 15 mbps with a lot of canned script responses.

What does this mean and why can't I have 100 mbps?  Thanks

shaw_chat1.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

It could be that 100 up isn’t available in you area yet.

rstra
Grand Master

@controlfreak  It could be that 100 up isn’t available in you area yet. 

0 Kudos

-- First, try to disconnect the electrical power from the...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@controlfreak -- First, try to disconnect the electrical power from the cable-modem, wait a few seconds, and reconnect the power. As it starts up, it will download the settings that match your values in your contract.  If you still get about 15 Mbps for upload, contact Shaw, and ask Shaw to "reprovision" your modem, to change the modem's settings to 100 Mbps for upload.  Also, where you do live? Urban? Suburban? Rural?  The comment from @rstra may be applicable.

0 Kudos

I'm in the city and the Shaw delivery area says that 100...

controlfreak
Grasshopper

I'm in the city and the Shaw delivery area says that 100 is available for my area.  I'll try the power down and see what happens.

0 Kudos

I have been round and round with shaw 5 times now.  tech...

controlfreak
Grasshopper

I have been round and round with shaw 5 times now.  tech says they can't do anything, it's the contract.  Then they put me over to billing who is mystified why tech is transferring me to them.  I did verify with billing that I should have 300/100.  I am at a loss on what to do.  Shaw has no one that can or wants to understand or help.

0 Kudos

I tried another angle.  I started with billing and this g...

controlfreak
Grasshopper

I tried another angle.  I started with billing and this girl set up a 3 way call with another girl from tech so that we were all on the same page and neither could play the blame game.  Low and behold after the dust settled I have my 100 mbps upload speed.  Apparently it took some behind the scenes to coordinate and " reprovisioning" the modem (thanks MDK for that tip).

You have to get someone that actually wants to help and I was lucky on the seventh try.

0 Kudos

-- reprovisioning the modem  You're welcome.   P.S. in ge...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@controlfreak -- reprovisioning the modem 

You're welcome.  

P.S. in general, for each helpful reply, please click that "thumbs-up" icon below each post to give 1 "kudos" to the volunteer(s) who have helped you.

You have to get someone that actually wants to help. I was lucky on the seventh try.

That's not the way that it should be. But every business, from Shaw to McD's and A&W, is having "staffing problems", both in retention and in training of replacements. 

Hint: sometimes, calling after 10 PM (local) will connect to one of Shaw's "Call Centres" (Belize City, Northern Ontario, Maritimes, etc.) where very-competent Shaw Agents have been very helpful to me.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help