Jump to solution

2 year contract renew question

g-idk
Master

Hi there, I have a question for anyone/everyone.  I've been with Shaw for the last 20 years and up until 2 years ago I had always been a month to month agreement, but an agent at Shaw finally after so many years convinced me to go with a 2year value plan for my internet and tv services.  Of course I could not get new customer deals but they did offer me a reasonable discount for the 2 years.  So long story short Happy customer.   Well my contract is up in Nov/2020 and I was wondering, do I wait until Sept. Oct. to re-do a new contract (Hopefully reasonably priced) or can I /should I try to work out a new contract now with no early penalties and lock in the price now before anymore price increases take affect?  Just looking for some opinions, thanks for reading.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

My personal opinion, Based on the current way Shaw seems...

SP3CTRYS
Grasshopper

My personal opinion,

Based on the current way Shaw seems to be doing business, I would make the assumption that I would be paying the regular price for service, with some sort of commitment discount, free modem rental and $10 off a month kind of deal for a 2 year contract. I personally would not hold my breathe for an out of this world deal. However, now is a good time to start that conversation with Shaw, every month I would call/chat them up and ask what my options look like, what sort of new packaging and services are available and see what the rep suggests.

As you are not in any rush to land on a new rate just yet, I would start these talks now 🙂
The other thing to remember is the extra value Shaw has over those, simply internet providers. Those bare bones providers do have much lower rates, but do not offer the same value add's Shaw has. For me I love my BlueCurve modem, albeit noise as heck, and the wireless cable boxes fit my needs perfectly. And sure Shaw Go Wifi is open to everyone right now, but at some point that is gonna get locked down again and only Shaw subscribers will get it.

Basically the point I am making is understand what you are paying for when you renew as I am pretty sure the rates will not be going down. So try and figure out what is important to you before you renew so that you get the best value.

Not sure if it applies to you, but Shaw will have Student rates soon (maybe? are kids gonna go back to school?) and around November is when most businesses have boxing sales. So you have lots of time now to find the best price and service for you 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

My personal opinion, Based on the current way Shaw seems...

SP3CTRYS
Grasshopper

My personal opinion,

Based on the current way Shaw seems to be doing business, I would make the assumption that I would be paying the regular price for service, with some sort of commitment discount, free modem rental and $10 off a month kind of deal for a 2 year contract. I personally would not hold my breathe for an out of this world deal. However, now is a good time to start that conversation with Shaw, every month I would call/chat them up and ask what my options look like, what sort of new packaging and services are available and see what the rep suggests.

As you are not in any rush to land on a new rate just yet, I would start these talks now 🙂
The other thing to remember is the extra value Shaw has over those, simply internet providers. Those bare bones providers do have much lower rates, but do not offer the same value add's Shaw has. For me I love my BlueCurve modem, albeit noise as heck, and the wireless cable boxes fit my needs perfectly. And sure Shaw Go Wifi is open to everyone right now, but at some point that is gonna get locked down again and only Shaw subscribers will get it.

Basically the point I am making is understand what you are paying for when you renew as I am pretty sure the rates will not be going down. So try and figure out what is important to you before you renew so that you get the best value.

Not sure if it applies to you, but Shaw will have Student rates soon (maybe? are kids gonna go back to school?) and around November is when most businesses have boxing sales. So you have lots of time now to find the best price and service for you 🙂

Jump to solution

-- be sure to read your Shaw bill every month. Shaw usual...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@g-idk -- be sure to read your Shaw bill every month. Shaw usually gives a few month's notice of an impending price increase, giving you time to react.

Jump to solution

ok thanks mdk oh and also SP3CTRYS for the advice

g-idk
Master

ok thanks mdk oh and also SP3CTRYS for the advice

TALK TO US
We're here to help