600mbps service

jack2sprat
Grasshopper

My 600 mbps service has reduced itself to a less that 300 mbps service today.

What's up? 🙂

Labels (1)
13 Replies

Do Shaw reps not address these inquiries?? An answer woul...

jack2sprat
Grasshopper

Do Shaw reps not address these inquiries??

An answer would be helpful.

Good grief.

0 Kudos

you lucky ours been at 150 to 200 for the past 2 months...

buzz2019
Grasshopper

you lucky ours been at 150 to 200 for the past 2 months  service guy came on thee 3rd it went back to 640 down 2 days latter  went back to 200

and shaw said they would credit the account and never did 

0 Kudos

there may be several reasons to why you are noticing slow...

shaw-tony

@jack2sprat there may be several reasons to why you are noticing slow speeds such as poor signal to the modem or WiFi interference. Are you noticing slow speeds with a direct ethernet connection to a desktop or is it over WiFi? Do you have a 3rd party router/switch attached to the modem? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

@buzz2019 we can certainly credit for time loss in service, touch base with our customer support here.

0 Kudos

Desktop wired connection. Check my previous post regardin...

jack2sprat
Grasshopper

Desktop wired connection. Check my previous post regarding 600 service.

All steps and no interference. This is either the modem itself, which I doubt or this connection itself is being throttled for some unknown reason.

I have a tech attending on the 17th. This will probably accomplish diddly but we will see.

I will post back after the 17th. 🙂

0 Kudos

Ok ... the tech showed up on the 17th and as I suspected...

jack2sprat
Grasshopper

Ok ... the tech showed up on the 17th and as I suspected all is AOK with my setup and computer, all incoming wires and connections. Been this way for 12 years. He had no answers. He changed the modem with no effect what-so-ever.

Thanked him for his call. I was told that he was accelerating my case and I would be contacted in about 2 weeks. 

Oh boy!

I suspect that the changes in their systems and band width are the culprits but they are not owning up.

Not very good customer service. All I need are some answers.

0 Kudos

it may be routing issues, an issue at the node or potenti...

shaw-tony

@jack2sprat it may be routing issues, an issue at the node or potential noise in the lines. Based on what you said, he would have submitted a maintenance referral for our engineers to investigate. Keep me posted.

0 Kudos

Test Today on NetFlix

jack2sprat
Grasshopper

Ok ... other test sites are playing ball while Shaw Test site is not??? 😊

oie_23232841fpiilI4L.jpg

0 Kudos

oh that's odd. What is the Shaw website displaying? It mi...

shaw-tony

@jack2sprat oh that's odd. What is the Shaw website displaying? It might just be the server it is connecting to.

0 Kudos

I am still waiting for the answer that was supposed to be...

jack2sprat
Grasshopper

I am still waiting for the answer that was supposed to be given after the 2 week period and it has been over a month with no reply?

Now I know that Shaw has been having personnel problems and if this is the reason for all this trouble we should be advised and updates as customers after all we are paying the bills. 🙂

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help