Absolute garbage experience with Shaw

Dadshade
Grasshopper

We recently switched from the 300 plan to the gig+ plan because our wifi was getting a bit slow, we went from paying 78$ to 130$ a month, since then our wifi has become tremendously worse with speeds of about 0.11Mbs, we all work from home and are unable to now because of the internet. I have spent over 5 hours now with multiple agents now with no help. we tested the speed directly next to the router with no devices attached and got a max of 120 mbps and the agent kept telling me that these were remarkable speeds which is complete bs. they now say we have to wait one week till someone can fix it. this is a whole week we are unable to work. Absolutely terrible service with agents constantly disconnected and trying to convince us that the internet is fine and we should stop complaining. terrible company, do not use shaw if you have any other option   

Labels (1)
3 Replies

Hi  , guess your not really asking a question here for us...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Dadshade , guess your not really asking a question here for us to answer on this user help forum so I'll just say sorry to hear of the terrible issue that you are having. Since this is only a peer to peer help forum and not an official channel to Shaw, they may not even see this post, I would highly recommend that you scroll down to the bottom of this page after reading this and under the section About Us near the bottom you will find Your Voice, click on this link to voice your complaint and concerns directly with Shaw. Here's hoping everything comes to a satisfactory conclusion. Good Luck and Stay Safe. 

-- we tested the speed directly next to the router with n...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Dadshade -- we tested the speed directly next to the router with no devices attached and got a max of 120 mbps and the agent kept telling me that these were remarkable speeds

I wish to "remark" about that speed. It definitely is sub-par, whether you subscribe to the "Fibre+ 300" or the "Fibre+ Gig" services.

Before you contact Shaw Support (currently, online chat has priority over telephone) you can try a few things:

1. try a different "CAT-5e" (or "CAT-6") Ethernet cable,
  2. disconnect the coaxial-cable from the cable-modem and your wall-outlet, and reconnect it, ensuring that it is tight,
  3. try a different coaxial-cable,
  4. if you have any splitter (wall-port -> splitter -> PVR, and splitter -> cable-modem), temporarily bypass that splitter, to see if it is the problem,

When you contact Shaw, ask them to remotely logon to your cable-modem, to view the incoming "signal-strength" to their device. Poor signal-strength can cause "constantly disconnected" interruptions.

> they now say we have to wait one week till someone can fix it. this is a whole week

The Shaw technicians cannot be compared to an NHL hockey team, with 3 forwards on the bench for every forward on the ice. Shaw does not have such "bench-strength".  The technicians do work on Saturday & Sunday & stat-holidays.

In my experience, when a technician is booked, the date is 3 to 5 days in the future.  So, booking on Friday means a "next week" visit.

> we are unable to work.

Really? 120 Mbit/second is still quite fast -- for me, Zoom maxes-out at less than 3 Mbit/second. But, an unstable connection is annoying.

Sorry ur having bad luck with them I was with telus was t...

Tyler1982
Grasshopper

Sorry ur having bad luck with them I was with telus was terrible switched to shaw there TV is so much better and voice controlled was same price and now have 1000mbps vs telus120 (was best they offered even was promised fibre for 2 years) I just tested my speed on my phone and got 800mbps never ever will I get telus again and telus lnternet is garbage