Account is not active????

slk
Grasshopper

HTTP ERROR 400

Problem accessing /service/preauth. Reason:

account is not active:

What the ... why one earth can't I access my email?????????????? (took email address out for privacy reasons). How on earth can my account not be active?? And even if it was I should still be able to access it. This isn't hotmail or yahoo. 

Couldn't get more discussions to load until after I posted and now I see I'm not the only one, I can access ALL my other accounts from the same computer I always access them from so wth Shaw?????????

And seriously?????? kicking me out of the forums (which I hate the new format, can't find anything) within seconds of trying to update this post. Time for Telus me thinks.

Labels (1)
32 Replies

that is certainly odd. Did you recently make any changes...

shaw-tony

@slk that is certainly odd. Did you recently make any changes to your Shaw account? I am sorry for any frustrations as I recommend touching base with technical support to re-enable your email. As for the forum, it may have been timed out which will automatically log out you. Let me know if you see any error messages when trying to edit.

0 Kudos

I can receive emails thru mail clients but not webmail. W...

Kibby
Grasshopper

I can receive emails thru mail clients but not webmail. With error 400, user not active.

0 Kudos

that may be due to a locked account (too many unsuccessfu...

shaw-tony

@Kibby that may be due to a locked account (too many unsuccessful access attempts). Our technical support team will be able to unlock that with you and set a new very strong password.

I am having the same problem. I create an email, and afte...

Praitty
Grasshopper

I am having the same problem. I create an email, and after about a day or two, I get this error. Can't get an email account to last more than two days. Very frustrating. The email stops working both through webmail and through Mac Mail. It's like the account just vanishes, for no reason.

0 Kudos

it may be the password you are using is not strong enough...

shaw-tony

@Praitty it may be the password you are using is not strong enough. Touch base with our technical support so they can investigate further into your email addresses.

0 Kudos

It was about 10 characters and a mix of digits, character...

Praitty
Grasshopper

It was about 10 characters and a mix of digits, characters, and upper and lower case letters. And why would it completely disable the email and now allow me to even reset the password?

0 Kudos

Hmm, do you have it set up with any 3rd party email progr...

shaw-tony

@Praitty Hmm, do you have it set up with any 3rd party email programs? Emails may be disabled if there is suspicious activity on them. Touch base with our technical team so they can have it reactivated for you.

0 Kudos

I only use Mac Mail. I called tech support, they re-activ...

Praitty
Grasshopper

I only use Mac Mail. I called tech support, they re-activated. Now I am having the same problem again. It only lasted on Mac Mail about a week before the de-activated itself. 

0 Kudos

-- It only lasted on Mac Mail about a week before the de-...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Praitty -- It only lasted on Mac Mail about a week before the de-activated itself

Did you change your E-mail password after the first re-activation?  If not, then some "spammer" could have been exploiting your ID & your password to send "spam" E-mail, before Shaw did the first de-activation. After the first re-activation, the spammer could have done more spamming, and Shaw reacted to the second "wave" of spamming by again deactivating your E-mail.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help