Jump to solution

Android phone can't reach servers - blocked?

mortenpaulsen
Grasshopper

Hello there. I'm having an interesting new problem that started this morning. My android phone is connected to our shaw wifi. As of this morning, while being connected to wifi (I've forced the phone to forget the connection and re-initialized twice) browsers won't connect to any servers. Also no email in or out and every website I go to it says This site can't be reached (ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE). I haven't changed any settings. and all other computers devices connected to shaw work fine. Could shaw be rejecting this phone for some reason? (Mobile internet working just fine too - only shaw wifi refusing my connection requests). Can you help?? thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

-- be sure that you have not "disabled" WiFi on your Andr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mortenpaulsen -- be sure that you have not "disabled" WiFi on your Android phone. Slider? Setting?

If you take your Android phone to some other WiFi-enabled location (Tim Hortons, Starbucks, McDonalds, #TELUS) or to one of the many Shaw Go WiFi access-points, can it connect to the Internet? If not, it's your phone that has a problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

-- be sure that you have not "disabled" WiFi on your Andr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mortenpaulsen -- be sure that you have not "disabled" WiFi on your Android phone. Slider? Setting?

If you take your Android phone to some other WiFi-enabled location (Tim Hortons, Starbucks, McDonalds, #TELUS) or to one of the many Shaw Go WiFi access-points, can it connect to the Internet? If not, it's your phone that has a problem.

Jump to solution

Smart.  Went to Timmy's, and it  didn't work there either...

mortenpaulsen
Grasshopper

Smart.  Went to Timmy's, and it  didn't work there either.  So, it's the phone.

After some googling, I did a connections settings reset on the phone, and voila.  Something got messed up.  Thanks very much for the reply!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- you're welcome.  Please click "accept as solution" --...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mortenpaulsen -- you're welcome.  Please click "accept as solution" -- it is a "pull-down" under the "dot-dot-dot" right-justified on each reply.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help