I'm considering changing providers.  Blue curve is terrib...

DFaint
Grasshopper

I'm considering changing providers.  Blue curve is terrible.  Nothing but issue after issue after issue since i switched 2 weeks ago. I am done!. I work from home and need stable connection. It is ridiculous that my internet keeps disconnecting all the time. SO FRUSTRATED!

0 Kudos

-- It is ridiculous that my internet keeps disconnecting...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DFaint -- It is ridiculous that my internet keeps disconnecting all the time.

Agreed. What trouble-shooting steps did Shaw do, when you were in contact with them?

Did they remotely logon to your BlueCurve?

Did they schedule a "site-visit" by a Shaw technician?

What else did they do?

0 Kudos

There has to be a better option. I've also been speaking...

Romy15
Grasshopper

There has to be a better option. I've also been speaking to shaw many times. Apparently now it is a signal issue and I am the rare few that have this issue. My home is med sized it's reasonable for me to have signal strength issues and I'm suppposed to just manage? One day one person says one thing. Next day someone says something else and when tech comes, then it's a different issue.  

0 Kudos

Yes! This is exactly what I am going through. Now what? :-)

Romy15
Grasshopper

Yes! This is exactly what I am going through. Now what? 🙂

Also super frustrated with Bluecurve. We were forced into...

justineb
Grasshopper

Also super frustrated with Bluecurve. We were forced into have these wifi boxes and have nothing but problems with them. We wanted wired coax boxes because our TVs are at opposite ends of the house, however Shaw refused to provide those, would only sell us the wifi cable boxes. We have a wifi extender but we still are having issues. Super frustrating. 

0 Kudos

-- our TVs are at opposite ends of the house, however Sha...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@justineb -- our TVs are at opposite ends of the house, however Shaw refused to provide those, would only sell us the wifi cable boxes.

I am surprised that they "refused", because they want the MONTHLY income from you, as a "satisfied" customer.

According to: Equipment Info: BlueCurve TV Player | Wireless 4K (Xi6) it does have an Ethernet port, but the web-page does not state whether this is for a connection back to your BlueCurve, or a connection to a computer in the same room.

> We have a WiFi Extender, but we still are having issues.

Shaw recommends that one does NOT use a WiFi extender between the TV Player and the BlueCurve.

Can you relocate one TV Player to one end of your house, the BlueCurve into a room with an active coaxial wall-port in the middle of your house, and another TV Player at the other end of your house?  You do not need to connect a TV to the BlueCurve -- it just receives over coaxial, and broadcasts its WiFi equally to both ends of your house, to your TV players.

We have had issues from day one after being talked into t...

Kevin1967
Grasshopper

We have had issues from day one after being talked into the switch to bluecurve. The tv goes silent. Then pops back. It freezes for minutes at a time.  Sometimes 15 -20 times during a one hour show.  Internet is fine, so far, streaming tv works a charm, but watching cable is a frustrating experience. Complete garbage.  On a chat was told, unplug everything for ten minutes.  Did that.  Still crap.  Try again. Now unplug just the router.  Nope.  Chat again.  Do a pinhole reset.  Here’s the problem that wasn’t communicated, a pinhole reset resets everything.  I have worked at setting up a smart home.  I spent the majority of the following day resetting all my lights, computers (I work from home) personal devices, alarm system.  And still doesn’t work!  Ride chat one last time, was told them, oh we will look into on this end.  Really? Never got that answer before.  And there’s an issue.  Small, but an issue.  Updated on their end.  Ok, should be good now.  Bull**bleep**. Same friggin thing a half our later.  My router is 15 feet from one tv.  About 12 from another.  Wifi signal seems strong in all rooms. And like I said, we can stream Netflix and Prime with absolutely no issue.  Try and watch the news? Forget it.  And over the weekend we sat with two different groups of people.  Both groups had people going through the exact same issues.  That’s at least three homes with the exact same issue.  But Shaw doesn’t  think so.  There’s going to be one more call to Shaw for help.  The next call will be to take all this crap out of my home cause for the first time in over 20 years, I’m inviting MTS in.  

0 Kudos

I am having very similar problems with Blue curve.  I thi...

UnhappyCamper1
Grasshopper

I am having very similar problems with Blue curve.  I think if they cannot provide a reliable service, I should be able to cancel without penalty.  Maybe they should be paying me a penalty with all the hours waiting for customer service and repair people.

0 Kudos

That's it exactly.  The nation wide maintenance last year...

canukhed
Grasshopper

That's it exactly.  The nation wide maintenance last year (2020) messed up our internet for weeks, and this year (July 2021) the same thing.  Shaw wont't admit it is them.  Cowards.

0 Kudos

-- to over-simplify, your BlueCurve "listens" on two chan...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Kevin1967 -- to over-simplify, your BlueCurve "listens" on two channels that Shaw is sending, namely "Internet" and "TV".

You say that that your Internet, e.g., streaming Netflix & Prime, is working fine. So, that channel is OK.

Your BlueCurve communicates the "TV" signal via a private (only inside your home) WiFi network to the Shaw TV box(es). That seems to be OK.

Contact Shaw, and get them to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, to check "signal-strength" of the "TV" channel reaching the BlueCurve.

> take all this crap out of my home

If you do, be aware that anybody with a "two year value plan" will have to pay a $20/month "cancellation" penalty, for each month remaining in the contract.  Various TELUS sales representatives have come to my front door, offering up to $200 in "Telus credit", should I switch TV/Internet/Phone from Shaw to Telus. Will MTS make a similar offer to you?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help