[Suggested Solution] I hate to be constantly spamming thi...

sandman8888
Grasshopper

[Suggested Solution]

I hate to be constantly spamming this topic but I found another way to fix this... If you have the Bluecurve app installed on an android phone, try installing it on an iOS device or vice versa... I found that this has somewhat fixed the issue (maybe temporarily) but as an alternative... if you just hit pause on the profile, it should work... because for me, it's the scheduled pause times that are somewhat erratic.

0 Kudos

I tried that and it does bypass the restriction... so fru...

sandman8888
Grasshopper

I tried that and it does bypass the restriction... so frustrating.

0 Kudos

We're having the same problem as everyone else. Parent Co...

Graphyte
Grasshopper

We're having the same problem as everyone else. Parent Controls and time limits worked fine at first, and then bedtime and time limit were supposed to pause internet to our daughter's devices, but she'd keep surfing even though the app said her profile was paused. Attached is a screenshot of her profile after she got up in the middle of the night on a weekend and used up her daily internet allotment. I'm sick and tired of power cycling or resetting this stupid modem and deleting and adding profiles. Bluecurve has been around and marketed long enough that these bugs should be long gone by now. 

Screenshot_20200703-124444_Shaw Home.jpg

Screenshot_20200703-124420_Shaw Home.jpg

0 Kudos

Hi   It's been a couple of months now since your last upd...

missk
Grasshopper

Hi @shaw-tony  It's been a couple of months now since your last update. It sounds like there are many frustrated families (and kids possibly ending up with excessive amounts of screen time) due to this issue. Is Shaw going to fix the problem? If yes, when? Please provide an update. Or, does Shaw have a different modem that actually allows users to block devices from accessing its WiFi?

0 Kudos

I haven't received any updates directly. I will inquire w...

shaw-tony

@missk I haven't received any updates directly. I will inquire with our engineers on the status of this issue. I'm sorry for any frustrations caused and appreciate your continued patience.

0 Kudos

Same issue as everyone. Is any updates on this?

smendezf7
Grasshopper

Same issue as everyone. Is any updates on this? 

0 Kudos

This just started happening today. Our son's profile supp...

mooer
Grasshopper

This just started happening today. Our son's profile supposedly shuts down at 9pm and the devices show as paused but the internet still works on his computer 

Do we have any update on this?  My "2 year" term is comin...

tmlohnes
Grasshopper

Do we have any update on this?  My "2 year" term is coming to an end and I am exploring other options but would prefer to see some update and resolution to this problem.  Whole purpose and promotion of Bluecurve is to have this level of control.   Is it the app that is the problem or is it the router or both?   With this many people posting the issue and on other forums there is certainly must be enough of a pool to help nail down a cause and a resolution in the timeframe since this thread was even started.

I'm advised from our engineers that there will be an upda...

shaw-tony

@smendezf7 @tmlohnes I'm advised from our engineers that there will be an update patch coming up to address these issues. I wasn't given a specific ETA but one will be coming soon.

@mooer can you power reboot your modem to see if it re-enables the function?

0 Kudos

Same. If "forgetting the network" and then reconnecting w...

khipson
Grasshopper

Same.

If "forgetting the network" and then reconnecting will bt pass the limits, then what are the chances that an inconsistent connection will do the same?  Our Shaw connection frequently drops for a few seconds or minutes.  Is that likely to trigger one if those loopholes?

Bedtime Mode does not block Disney+, it sometimes  blocks YouTube, and it does not consistently block online games.  It does block notifications and email/browser access. 

If this is genuinely only meant for very young children, please don't market it so enthusiastically for families.  I have been very disappointed lately, because it just isn't living up to its promises.

TALK TO US
We're here to help