Beyond pathetic

DaveMayne
Grasshopper

In September I received a text on my iPhone form Shaw informing me that they were switching me to Rogers and I had to use a new number effective immediately.

I called customer service and they told me my current number would be deactivated and i was to swap over to the Rogers SIM card that I had. When I told the rep I did not receive the Rogers SIM, she said that was impossible and my existing SIM was going to be disabled. 

I told her to cancel my account, she said fine and hung up. My phone then died as it was inactivated (The fastest Shaw have ever moved on anything).

A few days later I went into Staples and selected a new provider. The tech in the store said it would take about 10 minutes to port my number over and I would be on my way.

Nope.

When he went to port my number, the porting people said Shaw had locked my number and it could not be ported until they released it. The great Staples guy then spent a full 5 1/2 hours going back and forth with Shaw and Rogers who simply pointed their fingers at each other saying the other party was responsible for locking the number. 

The Shaw people kept saying it was impossible to release the number as it was now owned by Rogers and they had no control. On at least 3 occasions they hung up on the Staples guy when he insisted on talking to a supervisor.

Finally we got a Rogers supervisor who agreed to conference call with a Shaw Supervisor and we listened to a most entertaining bun fight between the two until the Rogers supervisor basically orded the Shaw Supervisor to release the number for porting.

5 1/2 hours.

Sad.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

My shaw sim was disconnected making it impossible to port...

kemoeg187
Grasshopper

My shaw sim was disconnected making it impossible to port my numbers over with shaw mobile no longer providing technical support. I told them this could possibly happen but after 2 weeks and continued failed attempts I just get passed on and on and on with no resolve. I have spent thousands on advertising and had the number for 10 years, never asked for any of this but I am the one paying for it in the end , worst service in the world and is going to leave me bankrupted having to rebuild from nothing. 

0 Kudos

-- Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kemoeg187 -- Welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

It is not a direct path to Shaw Support [www.shaw.ca/chat or 1-888-472-2222].

At this point, all that I  can suggest is that you scroll-down while reading this message, and click on the "Your Voice" hyperlink, to send your comments to Rogers-Together-With-Shaw, and then hope that they respond.

0 Kudos

wrote: When I told the rep I did not receive the Rogers S...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@DaveMayne wrote: When I told the rep I did not receive the Rogers SIM, she said that was impossible and my existing SIM was going to be disabled.

Impossible? That was a 100% unsatisfactory statement by that Agent.  Shame on her.

I told her to cancel my account, she said fine and hung up. My phone then died as it was inactivated.

Porting any account away from Shaw requires that you receive a text-message, sent to your current number, to confirm that you, not a scammer, has initiated the porting process for your account.  By cancelling, you prevented that "security-check". Ouch! I suppose that you could physically appear at a Shaw/Rogers store-front, with ID, to authorize the "release" of your number.

For me, it always has been the new provider that told my then-current provider to close the account, and to "release" the telephone-number to allow the porting.

It is unfortunate that the Shaw Agent did not properly instruct you on how to correctly migrate.  Probably, a lack of proper training of her by Shaw.  Sigh.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help