Re: Blue Curve GateWay (Arris XB6) Non Stop Problems

Not applicable

I agree, Shaw needs to recall all Blue Curve Arris xb6 modems  and replace them with Technicolor(cisco) Blue Curve xb6 so customers can actually get the speed they pay for. Otherwise shaw customers are getting a slow connection and over paying for service they are not getting.

rickatk
Master

Am I reading that correctly: Gigabits per second (Gbps)? Are you on some sort of business or commercial plan? I heard Shaw was testing Gigabit service.

Those are pretty impressive speeds. Certainly not your typical consumer speeds,  if you are reporting 3+ Gbps.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I am just trying to point out you should not always believe the results from a speed test.

That specific speed test can be easily tricked into reporting wildly incorrect results.

So the question is should you believe the results that are more in line with your plan specifications, or are they overestimated also?

Those were the results on a Shaw 600 plan...

rickatk
Master

vanadiel wrote:

I am just trying to point out you should not always believe the results from a speed test.

That specific speed test can be easily tricked into reporting wildly incorrect results.

So the question is should you believe the results that are more in line with your plan specifications, or are they overestimated also?

Those were the results on a Shaw 600 plan...

That was a good illustration. One day though....Gigabit and beyond. 

I have made a similar observation about the Netflix speed test. It can be a little generous. Especially when only the download parameter is tested. For consumer purposes, my purposes, I have relied on the Shaw Speedtest and Ookla on iOS and have found the testing across my different setups to be consistent.

0 Kudos

Tmh177
Grasshopper

I got the Technicolour modem installed May 11th, 2019 and am running into same issues as others in these comments. Very slow speeds as well as my phone software updater will not connect to Samsung server. If I use public wifi at mall it updates fine, if at home if I turn wifi off and data on it works. Even going to friends home and connecting to Telus modem it works fine and even at friends who have Shaw (non Bluecurve modem), it works fine. Have contacted tech support many times.

If this does not get resolved soon by getting new Bluecurve modem or finding solution to slow speeds, phone issues etc. I will be looking at Telus. I prefer Shaw, but this modem is not even a month old and if issue continue I will go with Telus.

0 Kudos

BlueCurve with Pods is really a fraudulent product in tha...

mstevulak
Grasshopper

BlueCurve with Pods is really a fraudulent product in that Shaw is misleading the customers by omitting some very important facts when they are selling the product.

I took out an expensive mesh network by Linksys - it had a few issues but was quite good.

The Shaw agent said BluCurve with 3 Pods and internet 600 would give me great coverage and terrific speed for all my devices. Speed test revealed that in many areas of my house we were getting 8Mbps and speeds in that range. When the tech visited, they said that the speeds are dramatically restricted when you are connected to the mesh network from a pod. (and in my house, that is about 80% of the time). THE SHAW PODS ARE RANGE EXTENDERS BUT THEY DRAMATICALLY CURTAIL SPEED. This is not mentioned anywhere by the people selling it or on the Shaw websites. Why pay for Internet 600 and then connect via a crippled mesh network.

I am not going to have to take this network out and perhaps use a Google mesh network or some other solution. BlueCurve may be good without Pods, but with Pods it is a clunky disaster.

0 Kudos

we post the details of our BlueCurve Pods here. I am very...

shaw-tony

@mstevulak we post the details of our BlueCurve Pods here. I am very sorry for that experience you had with our team member and would be happy to pass your feedback to their leadership team. Just let me know who you spoke with. Thank you for bringing this forward.

0 Kudos

Similar issues. Today was my 5th call with Shaw about the...

JuliaMichalik21
Grasshopper

Similar issues. Today was my 5th call with Shaw about the problems. When I started blue curve it was amazing, for few days, I’ve been with blue curve since September 20th, it’s September 28th and my download speed is 200kb UNM WHAT. When we did speed test today it came out 20 on the download. They had ME create 5g, didn’t work. Then they reset modem and now I’ve had no internet for an hour and now on hold again. Shaw has become such garbage! 

0 Kudos

Yep! I had countless speed issues in the past. They swapp...

Techjunkie
Grasshopper

Yep! I had countless speed issues in the past. They swapped me to the Technicolor about 6 months back, and it's been rock solid ever since. There are definitely issues with the the ARRIS version.

0 Kudos

are you noticing speed issues only over WiFi or are direc...

shaw-tony

@JuliaMichalik21 are you noticing speed issues only over WiFi or are direct ethernet connections slow as well?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help