Jump to solution

Actiontec ECB6200 MoCA 2.0 Network Adapter

noeldelfin
Grasshopper

Actiontec ECB6200 MoCA 2.0 Network Adapter

Jump to solution

This is my exact setup. I am running into an issue where...

edwood92
Grasshopper

This is my exact setup. I am running into an issue where devices sometimes connect to the Gateway PVR network instead of the XB6 network. I believe I need to configure the MoCA adapters to use a different band (D high instead of low).

Anyone else with this issue?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I wonder if you could split the cable coming in to the ho...

rstra
Grand Master

I wonder if you could split the cable coming in to the house? Line in to a two way splitter with moca filters on both legs. One leg to the XB6 the other to your gateway system. 

Jump to solution

I'm not sure this would allow me to use a PVR and a MoCA...

edwood92
Grasshopper

I'm not sure this would allow me to use a PVR and a MoCA adapter for an XBox from the same outlet.

I am currently getting around this issue by using static IPs vs DHCP but it's not ideal. Will report back after I update the band settings on the adapters.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

You are correct it wouldn’t allow both connections.

rstra
Grand Master

@edwood92 You are correct it wouldn’t allow both connections.

Jump to solution

This works PERFECTLY .... I have a MoCA set up running .....

AndThor
Grasshopper

This works PERFECTLY .... I have a MoCA set up running .. you just have to ENABLE the MoCA setting on the Gateway and you are away at the races!

The only frustrating thing is that the Gateway seems to re-set every once in a while so you have to go back in and re-ENABLE the MoCA setting. I'm runnning a combination of MoCA adapter downstairs which allows an Ethernet cable to run from the Coax outlet (through the MoCA Adapter) directly to your comp. Getting faster than advertised speed in complete concrete encased office room. The other install is a MoCA WiFi Booster .. AMAZING .. getting 500+ /100+ on pure WiFi output. This system puts the entirely useless WiFi Pods out of business. They are a horrible choice (certainly for our set up) Two Floors 3000 SqFt .. Anyone contemplating it should jump at the opportunity. I have been running it for two years and it's brilliant. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Which adapters did you use?

rstra
Grand Master

@AndThor Which adapters did you use?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

You can see from this thread that there is plenty of inte...

mocauser
Grasshopper

You can see from this thread that there is plenty of interest in using the provided MoCA capabilities.

I have been using MoCA in MY house to connect to otherwise inaccessible areas of the house. Shaw has this Scrooge attitude of turning it off at random. It has happened that I’m in the middle of a MS Teams meeting and suddenly my call drops. Cause: Shaw turned off MoCA in my modem. So I go in and turn it back on.

So buyers beware.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Then Telus knocks at my door and offers similar service,...

mocauser
Grasshopper

Then Telus knocks at my door and offers similar service, and no problem using MoCA. I’m thinking of going with the provider that meets my requirements for working from home.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have been thinking about connecting an AP to my XB6 by...

rstra
Grand Master

@mocauser I have been thinking about connecting an AP to my XB6 by moca but I plan on using two adapters so I don’t have to enable the moca in the router. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help