Jump to solution

Blue Curve Gateway - Technicolor vs Arris identifiers

springbok
Grasshopper

Hi everyone, 

I'm in the process of moving from a 300mb plan to the 600mb plan.

I have a tech scheduled to come out at the end of the month to switch our hardware over.

I'm wanting to avoid landing up with one of the Arris modems and asked the person on the phone to make a note for the installer to bring a Technicolor version of the gateway, they told me there's no way for them to identify this on the order sheet which is why I told him to write it is a separate note.

He then forwarded me to the tech department who gave me the same answer, to which I said make a note on the appointment file so the tech coming to my house can see it.

Are there any identifiable differences between the two brands of this gateway modem? Perhaps a serial number or something? I saw someone mention that the Technicolor units have an internal PSU, so that there isn't a "brick" on the power cable. It's this correct? I'm looking for a way to describe it to them as clearly as possible before they arrive to install. 

I've spent the last two years putting up with a Hitron modem that keeps dropping my connection and I really want to avoid ending up with another modem that uses an Intel Puma chipset. 

Surely these technical installers must know the difference between these units? I had noticed someone from Shaw responding to another customer saying the two brands modems are exactly the same, this didn't inspire confidence. 

Thanks for the help, 

Brandon 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

I asked to have to swap done a few months ago, and they c...

Techjunkie
Grasshopper

I asked to have to swap done a few months ago, and they came and swapped it out with no issues. They can definitely tell the difference, or at least the installation techs can.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jump to solution

I asked to have to swap done a few months ago, and they c...

Techjunkie
Grasshopper

I asked to have to swap done a few months ago, and they came and swapped it out with no issues. They can definitely tell the difference, or at least the installation techs can.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, that is reassuring to hear!

springbok
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply, that is reassuring to hear! 

TALK TO US
We're here to help