Jump to solution

Re: blue curve pods not connecting

larry227
Grasshopper

Thanks for the reply. I did the factory reset through the admin page but it didn't help. Maybe I'll try it again later. Any tips?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

kenyonheffner
Grasshopper

I guess you could try having Shaw reset the router remotely - I don’t how it would be different but that is how my issue was resolved. Maybe there is a little extra magic from their end. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

larry227
Grasshopper

I will try that tomorrow and report back. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

larry227
Grasshopper

No dice. Tried resetting again and even tried a different wifi network name. Called Shaw and after half an hour we finally gave up. Going to wait for the new pods to get here next week and if they don't connect either they'll send a tech out.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

larry227
Grasshopper

Just a quick update. I got a new set of 3 pods in the mail tonight and they won't connect either. Not impressed.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-logan
Shaw Squad

Thanks for the update Larry, I'm sorry to hear that didn't fix it :/. Would you be able to give us a message on Twitter or Facebook so we can book out a tech for you? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

larry227
Grasshopper

I called in last night and have one booked for Saturday. Thanks though.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

larry227
Grasshopper

So the tech couldn't solve anything. Well, he led my wife to believe they were connected even after they kept failing to connect with the app. Then he said they just need to stay plugged in a few days to talk to each other. Really tech guy?  I tried to be here when he came but couldn't get away from work. 
Just so I'm not mistaken, if they were indeed connected they would stop flashing white correct? They would also show up as being online in the app right? Because right now all three pods are flashing white and the only thing showing online in the app is the Gateway and all my devices in the house are connected to the gateway.
Granted he said we were the first customer in town to have these and he knew nothing about them so there's that. 
Now I'm even less impressed and have to contact support again to make sure they don't start charging me for something that's doesn't work, has never worked, and doesn't look like ever will work.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

very sorry for that experience . Yes, the white light should stop blinking when they are active and should show up in the app. Which city are you in? This is certainly the first I've heard of this issue.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

larry227
Grasshopper

I'm in Erickson, BC V0B1K0

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help