blue curve wifi issues

rlb11
Grasshopper

I have the shaw blue curve set up for my TV so that the signal is sent via wifi to a small box that connects to the tv. I have 2 TV's with one being about 15' away and in direct line of sight. I lose connection from the modem to the tv box at least 4 times a day with both tv's disconnecting simultaneously. I've talked to Shaw's agents and they say that my signal is fine and that it is a distance problem. I'm 15' away so I'm not sure how that can be. All my other devices that use wifi continue to work however. When i unplug and plug the tv box, after a few minutes, the tv is up and running. If it were a signal strength issue, you'd think I'd have a problem reconnecting. Anyone else have this issue? I'm thinking that the modem and the tv boxes have issues in talking to each other

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

-- I've talked to Shaw's agents, and they say that my sig...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rlb11 -- I've talked to Shaw's agents, and they say that my signal is fine, and that it is a distance problem

Sigh. I think that the Shaw Agent is incorrect. Try again to contact Shaw, hopefully to get a different Agent.

Maybe, replacing the BlueCurve is the solution.

Do you live in a single-family dwelling, or are you in a MURB (Multiple Unit Residential Building) where there could be lots of WiFi signals from each unit "near" to you (same floor, floor above, floor below) causing WiFi interference within your network?

0 Kudos

Single family. Doesn't affect any other devices

rlb11
Grasshopper

Single family. Doesn't affect any other devices

0 Kudos

Check to confirm your account has been fully provisioned...

rickatk
Master

@rlb11 Check to confirm your account has been fully provisioned for Blue Curve.

Check your wifi network integrity.

0 Kudos

--  I have the shaw blue curve set up for my TV ... both...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rlb11 --  I have the shaw blue curve set up for my TV ... both tv's disconnecting simultaneously. All my other devices that use wifi continue to work

The fact that both the BlueCurve get interrupted at the same time implies that both boxes are OK, and that the problem is either inside the BlueCurve, or, despite what Shaw said, your coaxial cables (the TV room in your house to the Shaw "demarcation box" on the edge of your home, and the coaxial-cable from that Shaw box to the nearest telephone-pole) either are the problem, or there is a "signal-strength" issues coming-in from the telephone-pole.

Note that Shaw TV, via the BlueCurve, and Shaw Internet, via a cable-modem, use different frequencies & protocols, although they are carried over the single coaxial-cable from the telephone-pole. So, while WiFi-Internet signals to your WiFi devices may be OK, your TV-signals could be the problem.

I recommend that you (again) contact Shaw Support ( www.shaw.ca/chat or 1-888-472-2222 ) to get more trouble-shooting.

What's the distance between the edge of your house and the nearest telephone-pole?

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help