Bluecurve does not pause devices

vancouverbc
Grasshopper

I have a list of all devices.  Such as my kids ipad.  I will tell him I am cutting him off internet and pause his device using shaw home app. But his internet keeps on working.  How does this work ? Am I doing something wrong ? Does it take a long time to kick in??

Labels (1)
7 Replies

Sorry to hear you're having trouble using the parental co...

shaw-ada

@vancouverbc Sorry to hear you're having trouble using the parental control feature! Most of the time, removing the profile and recreating it helps this kind of issue! Please try it and let us know how that goes! 😊

Nope this still didn't work

Excellenceisme
Grasshopper

Nope this still didn't work

I have the same issue

Wayne765
Grasshopper

I have the same issue 

0 Kudos

I have tried this as well and it doesnt work. it seems to...

Matress
Grasshopper

I have tried this as well and it doesnt work. it seems to be the ipad is the only device in the house that blue curve cannot pause access to the internet. its very frustrating and really the only reason we have bluecurve. 

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue.. it's so frustrating

sushil_75
Grasshopper

I am having the same issue.. it's so frustrating 

0 Kudos

-- the latest software for the iPad/iPhone has a "securit...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@vancouverbc & @Excellenceisme & @Wayne765 & @Matress & @sushil_75  ---

The latest software for the iPad/iPhone has a "security" feature that changes the MAC-address that it sends to your cable-modem, every time that the device makes a connection.  Thus, each connection gives a different IP-address for the iPad. So, if you are limiting, based on the IP-address assigned to the iPad, your rules will be targeting a not-currently-active IP-address, and thus, not applying the parental controls.

You need to disable this "feature" on each iPad/iPhone that you want to manage, via the parental controls. Then, you have to enforce that the operator of the iPad does not "enable" this feature, e.g., confiscating the iPad for 24 hours, when the operator violates your trust.

I have disabled this feature and entered a manual ip addr...

Matress
Grasshopper

I have disabled this feature and entered a manual ip address. It worked for about a day or two and now the iPad has unlimited wifi access again. There are no duplicate devices listed in the app. The iPad is paused but still continues to work. The ip address in the app matches that of the iPad that was manually entered. There isn’t even another iPad listed in the connected devices that could be this one. This iPad seems to be working  under the radar.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help