Jump to solution

BlueCurve Modem Bridge Mode Newtork causes network light blinking fast

Ryan8802
Grasshopper

After I set BlueCurve Modem to bridge mode, I notice the network light on the modem blinking very fast event I have no so much traffic. I even rest the modem of the factory settings. But after I switch to bridge mode, it starts blinking fast. However, if I disable bridge mode, it blinks like normal.  Any idea?

Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

What you are seeing is "100%-normal" TCP/IP traffic on Sh...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

What you are seeing is "100%-normal" TCP/IP traffic on Shaw's network.  Every one of modems, since the very first, years ago, has done this.

If your BlueCurve is "bridged", 100% of the incoming traffic passes-through the BlueCurve, and reaches your device, causing its lamp to blink very quickly.  If your BlueCurve is in "router" mode, its own lamp blinks, due to that same traffic.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jump to solution

What you are seeing is "100%-normal" TCP/IP traffic on Sh...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

What you are seeing is "100%-normal" TCP/IP traffic on Shaw's network.  Every one of modems, since the very first, years ago, has done this.

If your BlueCurve is "bridged", 100% of the incoming traffic passes-through the BlueCurve, and reaches your device, causing its lamp to blink very quickly.  If your BlueCurve is in "router" mode, its own lamp blinks, due to that same traffic.

TALK TO US
We're here to help