Bluecurve modem

Grasshopper

Is it just me or is the Bluecurve modem louder than most modems? I feel like the fan is constantly running. Is this normal?

Labels (2)
5 Replies

Hey , the BlueCurve modem fan does run constantly and it...

shaw-tony

Hey @14, the BlueCurve modem fan does run constantly and it is normal.

0 Kudos

What is the temperature in the room where your Blue Curve...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

What is the temperature in the room where your Blue Curve is located?  Summer is here.

Is it "out in the open", or "caged" inside a cabinet that is restricting the flow of room-temperature air into the box?

0 Kudos

Mine is constant as well. I am sensitive to white noise a...

CollieSheltieMo
Grasshopper

Mine is constant as well. I am sensitive to white noise and my house is never quiet with this thing around. I've actually considered unplugging it when it's not in use. 

0 Kudos

My BlueCurve Gateway sits on a cabinet out in the open. I...

rickatk
Master

@shaw-tony wrote:

Hey @14, the BlueCurve modem fan does run constantly and it is normal.

My BlueCurve Gateway sits on a cabinet out in the open. I rarely hear it, unless I get really close. Their is a variable speed fan that runs in the background based on network demand. Shouldn’t be overly noisy.

SOLVED: My Shaw Blue Curve Modem was so noisy! I read it...

JulieJulie
Grasshopper

SOLVED: My Shaw Blue Curve Modem was so noisy! I read it was the fan. To get airflow all around it, I elevated the modem by placing a rock paperweight under it. The fan stopped making noise. It needs to be cooler above and below. It is balanced on the rock so most of the bottom now has air flowing under it. It needs a little pedestal. Could use a small mug or glass or any small object.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help